Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• astcell
    replied
    We need to burn the CD that the Mothership played for the ride to DC8, that was the best.

Leave a comment:

• tommEE
    replied
    Originally posted by L0nd0
    Hey tommEE, havnt talk to you in a long time but yeah i would agree they did do some weird stuff with the room prices this year including a non-refundable deposit (which really sucked). But anyhow things should be cool.

tommEE drop me a line there were a couple of things I wanted to ask you.
    No problem. Just email me or send me an email where I can get a hold of you. Your email isn't accessable through this board. :)

Leave a comment:

• froggy
    replied
    Why rip it? I already said you can get it for free from my website:

http://www.froggystyle.net/

Check around under "sounds"

Yeah, I know the website sucks. Try pulling it from the mirror.

Also, realize that I personally think the mixtape sucks and should be redone. :) Hopefully I will be able to vindicate myself with a new and better mixtape this year.

As to you, noid, I understand. Other duties do call. One body can only be at one place at one time. You had to do what was best for you. In either case, I think DefCon will be a different and more interesting beast this year. Keeping things fresh is what this game is all about.

Leave a comment:

• Grifter
    replied
    Rip

Will someone rip this CD so I can get a copy of it?

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied
    Ya, froggy..your CD was pretty good. Had I stuck around to do another year of DJ selections, I would have picked you. But other duties call..

Leave a comment:

• L0nd0
    replied
    Hey tommEE, havnt talk to you in a long time but yeah i would agree they did do some weird stuff with the room prices this year including a non-refundable deposit (which really sucked). But anyhow things should be cool.

tommEE drop me a line there were a couple of things I wanted to ask you.

Leave a comment:

• froggy
    replied
    Yup, that was me. :) Share and share alike, I say. I wouldn't have charged you anything to hear me spin, so why charge you for the CD... and WHY charge you for something you've never heard? The reason why I like mp3.

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Re: Mix CDs

Originally posted by froggy
    Well, I don't remember selling them.
    Oh that's right, yours came in a paper cd case, that had a little note in it that said," I couldn't spin this year so I made this crappy cd" or something to that affect.. and you were walking around just passing them out, I think I was drunk and asked you how much.. and just put the cd in my backpack and went back to dancing or whatever I was trying to do at the time... :) LOL.. Thanks again :)

Leave a comment:

• froggy
    replied
    Mix CDs

Well, I don't remember selling them. I gave over 100 away for free, but, yeah, that was mine. Now that I'm a year older I think the whole CD sucks and should be remixed. :)

However, since I can't spin again this year (unless someone plans on whippin' out some tables and a PA poolside or something... if anyone wants to do this, LET ME KNOW and I will see what I can arrange in the way of mixer, etc. here in Cleveland), I plan on making another mix CD to distribute to folks with new stuff on it. It should be nifty. I try to post all of the crap I do on my website http://www.froggystyle.net/

Nothing fancy, the site is shit, most of the MP3s aren't great, but it's there and "free" (although donations accepted). So, in short, look for a new CD coming out during the con.

I'm glad you enjoy it!

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Re: Badge durability/style

Originally posted by froggy
    Too bad they can't just give everyone super secret decoder rings or something that will be checked at the door. ;)
    They could always just brand everyone on the forhead, that would be unique and pretty tough not to see...

ps, are you the same froggy that was selling the mix cd's last year? If you are, I still listen to that cd all the time, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• froggy
    replied
    Badge durability/style

Since I am going to make a more concerted effort to wear my badge this time (considering that they are actually going to be checked more often), something not too big, not too rigid and waterproof would be a definite bonus.

Too bad they can't just give everyone super secret decoder rings or something that will be checked at the door. ;)

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Can I bring my scuba gear and hang out at the bottom of the pool? I think that can be another meeting place for those of us needing more room. Any takers?

Leave a comment:

• tommEE
    replied
    Well since Defcon has been at Alexis Park, Moloch has rented several rooms there. Every year the 'super' suites have gone up and up in price. $300 indeed is way too much for what the room it gave us. Since a regular room is like $100, the suite is $300, Funny. We even got charged for damage last year, which wasn't a nice surprise. The tips that we got from people did help out though. I have a small room this year but it's really no place to party. :D

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    room size

Last year I got a big room with a jacuzzi and fireplace and never used the amenities. I even got the room for $108 a night! This year I'll revert back to the mouse hole.

Leave a comment:

• tommEE
    replied
    I don't know where my room is this year but I know I didn't get to reserve the huge room like we always do. I have tried but I couldn't. They are even $300 a night this year. Hopefully somebody will help. The party is a lot cooler inside because we can get DJs and lighting. Outside is ok but gets told to be quiet too often.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X