X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sereyna
    replied
    Re: Shmooshicon?

None on my end for the 8:30, for what it's worth. I'll be lucky if I can get to the hotel from the train station before 5PM, since my rental-plans fell through.

Leave a comment:

• Xodia
    replied

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    damn, talks run that late? let's say a half hour after Matt Blaze gets done? so 20:30?
    Sounds good to me. Any disagreements, folks?

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by Xodia View Post
    Heh, I just picked the first time that came to mind. :)

7:00PM is during the keynote, which may effect some folks that want to go. Perhaps 5:00?
    damn, talks run that late? let's say a half hour after Matt Blaze gets done? so 20:30?

Leave a comment:

• Xodia
    replied

others are free to disagree, but that seems way too late in the evening... usually the SushiCon event (no matter where it takes place, and at what con) is around the more traditional dinner hour, no?

I was thinking more like 7:00 PM at the latest, heh, so that you have time for the fish to settle down in your tummy before you give them a rich environment of alcohol in which to frolic.
    Heh, I just picked the first time that came to mind. :)

7:00PM is during the keynote, which may effect some folks that want to go. Perhaps 5:00?

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by Xodia View Post
    Alright, well, since folks seem up for it, we could all get sushi carryout and eat/merrymake together around 10:30 Friday. Sound like a plan?
    others are free to disagree, but that seems way too late in the evening... usually the SushiCon event (no matter where it takes place, and at what con) is around the more traditional dinner hour, no?

I was thinking more like 7:00 PM at the latest, heh, so that you have time for the fish to settle down in your tummy before you give them a rich environment of alcohol in which to frolic.

Leave a comment:

• Xodia
    replied

Alright, well, since folks seem up for it, we could all get sushi carryout and eat/merrymake together around 10:30 Friday. Sound like a plan?

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied

Good luck getting anything delivered to the hotel!

Leave a comment:

• Sereyna
    replied

Has anyone ever gotten sushi delivered while in DC before? A quick Google turns up several places that say they deliver, but I'm not certain the quality that could be expected from deliveries.

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied

Originally posted by streaker69 View Post
    They maintain a steady pressure on your nasal cavity to push your soft pallet back so you can breathe properly while sleeping.

If you snore a lot there's a good chance you could need one too, if you're feeling tired a lot then you're not actually sleeping well.

They're uncomfortable at first, but they're not that hard to get used to. It's either wear it, or die early from a heart attack because your heart never gets to rest while you sleep.
    'nuff said.

Leave a comment:

• streaker69
    replied

Originally posted by xor View Post
    If it's not o2 what's the point? Does it just force air up there; sounds uber uncomfortable.

xor
    They maintain a steady pressure on your nasal cavity to push your soft pallet back so you can breathe properly while sleeping.

If you snore a lot there's a good chance you could need one too, if you're feeling tired a lot then you're not actually sleeping well.

They're uncomfortable at first, but they're not that hard to get used to. It's either wear it, or die early from a heart attack because your heart never gets to rest while you sleep.

Leave a comment:

• xor
    replied

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
    Not likely. CPAPs just use air, not an oxygen supply.
    If it's not o2 what's the point? Does it just force air up there; sounds uber uncomfortable.

xor

Leave a comment:

• xor
    replied

maybe you're searching for the wrong things in your sushi... it's actually possible for the fish to be "too" fresh and thus have the wrong texture.

to quote Trevor Corson, author of The Zen of Fish: The Story of Sushi, From Samurai to Supermarket,
    D.O Sushi Yoda.

xor

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied

Ps does this mean we can sneak into your room with matches and see if you spontaneously combust? That would be so cool. :-)
    Not likely. CPAPs just use air, not an oxygen supply.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

When it comes to sushi, I don't do east coast sushi; west coast yes. Something about east coast sushi, doesn't taste fresh.
    maybe you're searching for the wrong things in your sushi... it's actually possible for the fish to be "too" fresh and thus have the wrong texture.

to quote Trevor Corson, author of The Zen of Fish: The Story of Sushi, From Samurai to Supermarket,
    Fish that are too fresh have little flavor. Fish flesh needs time to age as the muscle proteins break down into the components that produce tastiness. For most of sushi’s existence, in the age before refrigeration, the chef’s skill lay not in acquiring the freshest fish but in the techniques he used to preserve the fish long enough for flavor to develop without the fish going bad.

Leave a comment:

• xor
    replied

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
    CPAP eh? I hate the thing, but it does give me better sleep.
    We want pictures .... I do the Ambient deal. Works well, non-addictive, and if I do snore I can claim amnesia.

xor

Ps does this mean we can sneak into your room with matches and see if you spontaneously combust? That would be so cool. :-)

When it comes to sushi, I don't do east coast sushi; west coast yes. Something about east coast sushi, doesn't taste fresh. I acknowledge being crazy about this as I have no legitimate rational or exclamation for thinking this way.
    Last edited by xor; January 20, 2009, 06:22.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X