X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ænder
    replied
    Re: Shmooshicon?

I'm all for some sushi. Perhaps we can get some hot sake going as well, make things nice and festive.

Leave a comment:

• LosT
    replied

Considering the last time I did a sushi con at a conference I had a horrible experience - this sounds like a better idea...

Leave a comment:

• Z^2
    replied

Originally posted by Xodia View Post
    I think this is a great idea. I'll be coming to Shmoo on a tight budget anyway, so this would be perfect.

What would be a good time you suppose? Friday night looks like the best time to me, unless a lot of you folks are doing Hack or Halo.
    Friday night would rock my world too - not flying in until Friday morning.

Leave a comment:

• DaKahuna
    replied

Count me in and I really like the take out idea. Wish I had known about the IntelGuardians gig last year.

Leave a comment:

• Xodia
    replied

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    Heh... i'd say everyone who is interested treat this event like a mini-forum-meet... we all go individually (or as small groups) to one of the many sushi joints in the area and order take-out then meet in that large semi-walled-off area on the lobby-end of the con space and enjoy each other's company and our own, inexpensive booze back at the hotel.
    I think this is a great idea. I'll be coming to Shmoo on a tight budget anyway, so this would be perfect.

What would be a good time you suppose? Friday night looks like the best time to me, unless a lot of you folks are doing Hack or Halo.

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied

Originally posted by streaker69 View Post
    That's just cause you have the Alien Face Hugger mask. You should use the one I'm using. Not that I like mine, but it's better than feeling like you're cocooned colonist.
    After a year and a half, I'm pretty much used to it.

Leave a comment:

• streaker69
    replied

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
    CPAP eh? I hate the thing, but it does give me better sleep.
    That's just cause you have the Alien Face Hugger mask. You should use the one I'm using. Not that I like mine, but it's better than feeling like you're cocooned colonist.

Leave a comment:

• theprez98
    replied

Originally posted by dc0de View Post
    I don't take up much room, and don't snore. (Thanks to my Apnea machine....)
    CPAP eh? I hate the thing, but it does give me better sleep.

Leave a comment:

• dc0de
    replied

I'm up for Shmushicon, count me in... I'll be driving up and don't have a room. Anyone looking for a roommate? I don't take up much room, and don't snore. (Thanks to my Apnea machine....)

email me off list - mr.dc0de at gmail dot com.

--
    dc0de.

Leave a comment:

• Z^2
    replied

Someone just call me when you decide if you're going out or staying in, because I'm in either way.

Leave a comment:

• Sereyna
    replied

I like the takeout idea. This would also ideally let us involve a lot of people who would otherwise not have been able to join in due to transportation issues, or size-of-venue issues. I'll have a rental car, so I'd be willing to pick up orders for others, too.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Heh... i'd say everyone who is interested treat this event like a mini-forum-meet... we all go individually (or as small groups) to one of the many sushi joints in the area and order take-out then meet in that large semi-walled-off area on the lobby-end of the con space and enjoy each other's company and our own, inexpensive booze back at the hotel.

Last year the IntelGuardians must have dropped $200 or more on sushi and had it all laid out in huge take out containers and it was a great time... simply because there was no confusion as to who owed what but even more importantly everyone could eat together, without the horrible, horrible lag of waiting, ordering, waiting, etc.

Anyone think this has any merit? This has zero do to with GM1's leadership, which has been exemplary in a very difficult situation each year, but simply comes down to the fact that every establishment we attempt to use for SmooshiCon consistently fouls the process up for us.

Leave a comment:

• AlxRogan
    replied

Originally posted by che View Post
    Anyone have a solution to actually make this work?
    After the first year of getting stiffed at Quarks by miscreants, Medic and I started taking pictures of not only the attendees, but also their bills if we were forced to pick them up. I think at DC12 we actually got all of the money back from the attendees that skipped out.

Either way, huge snafu in the making, good luck with it.

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied

I *may* be down for it.. the only problem is it usually turns into an epic clusterfuck despite very commendable efforts by those organizing it. The businesses either freak out when we decend upon them like a swarm of locust or completely fuck everything up if we make reservations. Then there is the matter of folks not bringing enough (or any) cash, ordering tons of booze and can't figure out how much they owe, etc.

Anyone have a solution to actually make this work?

Leave a comment:

• streaker69
    replied

A couple of us were talking about it. I've never tried sushi before, but was gonna brave it out this time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X