DCX Collaborated Wardrive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prism's suck

speaking of war driving, are there any utils that work with the old school prism1 cards<addtron 100awp>? for windows even? airsnort works great for linux as well as some welleneiter<sp>?, but i'd like to be able to work windows every once in a while =]hmm. thats it.
    -encieno
    www.mirage.org
    encieno@aim

Comment

• Re: prism's suck

Originally posted by encieno
      but i'd like to be able to work windows every once in a while =]hmm. thats it.
      Your best bet would be to find a USB client, and use Windows VMWare and load *nix/*bsd to use the USB Client. This cannot occur with PCMCIA cards because of the direct hardware access required, but has been done with the USB Clients.

Comment

• Is there any USB wireless device that support adding a external antenna? I am also very curious of the efficacity of the build in antenna those device have... On the same topic I got a Lucent Wireless card build in my laptop(Toshiba Satelite 4600), how does that compair with external antenna... Anyone seen any spec on these?
        /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

• Originally posted by dataworm
          Is there any USB wireless device that support adding a external antenna? I am also very curious of the efficacity of the build in antenna those device have... On the same topic I got a Lucent Wireless card build in my laptop(Toshiba Satelite 4600), how does that compair with external antenna... Anyone seen any spec on these?
          Yes in fact most USB clients are usb converted PCMCIA cards, for example the ORiNOCO Gold USB Client is the same as the ORiNOCO Gold PCMCIA card with external antenna jack.. You just have to take the molding apart and add a hole in the plastic to pull the pigtail through. I have seen this on a few people's rigs that are permanent mobiles... You may want to search a few forums such as NetStumbler that may have explicit answers on how to add an antenna to built in wifi... I have seen pictures and mini-tuts out there for several laptops. :) Search NetStumbler first then search Google. Usually you can check out the part numbers on the hardware and check out the fcc id url to see who really made it and even the schematics...

Comment

• That FCC site is a trip. Tons of info. I'm surprised it's even public!

Comment

• Originally posted by astcell
              That FCC site is a trip. Tons of info. I'm surprised it's even public!
              Makes figuring things out easier indeed :) It certainly would be super if someone would sell their database as DVD sets. :)

Comment

• HAHAHA

LMAO, check this out, "War Peddalez" LOL

http://www.free2air.org/story/2001/8/28/183316/163\

I know it would work, but damn it looks crazy!

But thats just me i guess, lol.

Comment

• Re: HAHAHA

Originally posted by redburnz
                  LMAO, check this out, "War Peddalez" LOL

http://www.free2air.org/story/2001/8/28/183316/163\

I know it would work, but damn it looks crazy!

But thats just me i guess, lol.
                  Hahah, yes... makes you wonder why people just don't save up and buy a car... or if they have more dough to burn get one of those segway's... hmmm Segway-Stumbling...
                  http://www.segway.com/

Comment

• I saw the very first Segway sell for the same price as a Porsche 911SC. Some people just have too much money.

Comment

Working...
                    X