What's You Favorite Domestic Plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's You Favorite Domestic Plane

I'm booking flights and I personally hate the 757-200 for its lack of personal electronics power equipment. The Airbus 320 has the outlets, what other airline equipment do you guys like to travel on? Plus I'm 73 in tall, and the 757's don't have any leg room at all.

xor
    Last edited by xor; May 10, 2009, 15:47.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Re: What's You Favorite Domestic Plane

I love the internet just found this site:

http://www.seatguru.com/

xor
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

I've never flown on an aircraft with power at the seats.

Comment

Originally posted by barry99705 View Post
        I've never flown on an aircraft with power at the seats.
        I was on a 737 from Philthy to DFW that had power at the seats. Our flight from DFW to HNL was on a 757 and it didn't. Glad I had 4 extra batteries for my laptop for the flight to HNL.
        A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the 727, and BT-67's are damn cool, as is Seat Guru. Never hurts to ask for the bulkhead first, followed by the emergency row, and sometimes upgrades to first class can be had for as low as $30 per segment.
          Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

I know the Boeing 747, the C130, the C17...

and that's about it to be honest...

that is unless you wanna talk about helicopters too!
            Saving the world one computer at a time...

or possibly destroying, I haven't figured that out yet.

Comment

Do the C17 and C130's have power in the seat? I bet if they did it would be that horrible 24v stuff they run. Do you get peanuts and soda in-flight? :)

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Lol, no, no, and no.

All you get is the air from the random spots in the plane hitting you, the loud droning noise during flight, uncomfortable seats with crap seat belts, and your buddy and half of his gear partially on you due to space restraint.
                Saving the world one computer at a time...

or possibly destroying, I haven't figured that out yet.

Comment

In-Flight Wi-Fi.

So as I search for a flight I came across this.

http://www.gogoinflight.com/gogo/splash.do

Air Canada will have it soon. There's hope for you yet Render

xor

Comment

Originally posted by xor View Post
                    In-Flight Wi-Fi.

So as I search for a flight I came across this.

http://www.gogoinflight.com/gogo/splash.do

Air Canada will have it soon. There's hope for you yet Render

xor
                    What do you mean hope for Render? Don't you think that the same day that they get Wifi in Canadian planes, Render's name will show up on the no fly list.
                    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

Originally posted by b0n3z View Post
                      Lol, no, no, and no.

All you get is the air from the random spots in the plane hitting you, the loud droning noise during flight, uncomfortable seats with crap seat belts, and your buddy and half of his gear partially on you due to space restraint.

Yea, KC-135's don't have power either, but if you know the right guy(me) you had power.

Comment

Originally posted by barry99705 View Post
                        Yea, KC-135's don't have power either, but if you know the right guy(me) you had power.
                        Don't most aircraft have plus and minus 15 volts dc pretty much every where? Plus and minus to create an artificial ground. Why an artificial ground, it's an airplane? All of the inertial guidance sensors I helped make usually were designed to run on +15 and -15 volts dc.

xor

Comment

Originally posted by xor View Post
                          Don't most aircraft have plus and minus 15 volts dc pretty much every where? Plus and minus to create an artificial ground. Why an artificial ground, it's an airplane? All of the inertial guidance sensors I helped make usually were designed to run on +15 and -15 volts dc.

xor
                          Flying things develop a static charge. Helicopters in particular have knocked plenty of people on their ass.
                          ----------------------------------------
                          Fraternal Order of Locksport

Comment

I've only flown a few airlines, never international, Southwest usually, US Airways / Frontier / America West, all economy flights and none had outlets. It wasn't until recently I had a flight with TV's.

I've always wondered what airlines had the power outlets.

Comment

Originally posted by [Syntax] View Post
                              I've only flown a few airlines, never international, Southwest usually, US Airways / Frontier / America West, all economy flights and none had outlets. It wasn't until recently I had a flight with TV's.

I've always wondered what airlines had the power outlets.
                              American and Delta, perhaps others. Check the flight, also. If it used to be TWA (American acquired them), then they probably don't have them. Flying into or out of St Louis would be a quick clue (the old TWA hub). Not all seats are equipped, even then. Delta used to take an odd connector. It's been years since I cared.

Little commuter flights don't have these, of course. I know I've had them on 737 and above, and I think on MD-80. It's been a few years since I was a road warrior, so ymmv.

Comment

Working...
                              X