Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (don't) say cheese!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...licenses_N.htm

I found this rather amusing (but I didn't smile). I am glad that the software being used can be be evaded by simply changing your facial expression. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside wondering if this is the same software used in airports to protect the public safety.

Everyone knows, terrorist don't smile!

File this one in the 'very serious business' news bin.
    Network Jesus died for your SYN

Re: (don't) say cheese!

Originally posted by bjaming View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...licenses_N.htm

I found this rather amusing (but I didn't smile). I am glad that the software being used can be be evaded by simply changing your facial expression. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside wondering if this is the same software used in airports to protect the public safety.

Everyone knows, terrorist don't smile!

File this one in the 'very serious business' news bin.
    It seems like if drastic smiling makes the software fail frowning strongly might also, id have expected a "no radical expressions" rule or something like that but from everything I see in the article its just smiling. I plan on appearing very upset and frowning in my next drivers license photo.
    Not every problem, nor every thesis, should be examined, but only one which might puzzle one of those who needs argument

Comment

Originally posted by facon12 View Post
      It seems like if drastic smiling makes the software fail frowning strongly might also, id have expected a "no radical expressions" rule or something like that but from everything I see in the article its just smiling. I plan on appearing very upset and frowning in my next drivers license photo.
      I'm not sure about "no radical expressions", but this is in the second paragraph of the article

Originally posted by TFA
      "Neutral facial expressions" are required at departments of motor vehicles (DMVs) in Arkansas, Indiana, Nevada and Virginia. That means you can't smile, or smile very much. Other states may follow.
      Maybe the best method to prevent fraud in the way they're saying would be to take retina scans. Since I doubt anyone would go to the Thunderball method to forge a DL.
      A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

This is why i try to always have an expression on my face that says 'someone just shoved an electric cheese grater down my skivvies'. I'm doing it to fight the evil power. Any sexual thrill I get out of it is purely unintended.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
          This is why i try to always have an expression on my face that says 'someone just shoved an electric cheese grater down my skivvies'. I'm doing it to fight the evil power. Any sexual thrill I get out of it is purely unintended.
          Is that why you have that expression on your face when I see you trolling the vendor area at DefCon? I had always wondered about that...

Regards,

valkyrie

Comment

They started enforcing this around here a while ago.

The logic is that a neutral face gives the best basis for comparison for facial recognition. If your baseline is a smile, a frown might be outside it's capability to discern.

So next time your at the DMV, follow Noid's advice and shove an electric cheese grate down your pants and stick it to the man
            Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Working...
            X