X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big chopper
    replied
    Re: Printing the speaker schedule?

This DEFCON schedule application for the iPhone is awesome.
    http://www.darthnull.org
    --bc,

Leave a comment:

• ore
    replied

Originally posted by starthan View Post
    Yes, go to http://defcon.starthan.net where i created a Google calendar with the speaker schedule broken out by track and is fully printable. If any of the speaking schedule has changed, let me know so I can update it.
    Dude! Awesome, I was about to ask for a delimited list so that I could script some iCal output. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• starthan
    replied

Originally posted by big chopper View Post
    Has anyone figured out a way to print the speaker schedule? I know it's so 20th century, but it would be a very nice planning tool.
    --bc,

Yes, go to http://defcon.starthan.net where i created a Google calendar with the speaker schedule broken out by track and is fully printable. If any of the speaking schedule has changed, let me know so I can update it.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

Originally posted by neil View Post
    I will keep that in mind, I guess that was the advantage of using tables for the schedule.
    If you have access to includes, you could have two references to the same content, with one being a "printable" version and the other with all of the links to all of the other pages.

Then you have the dynamic re-sizing for small and large resolution, and printing.

It would only make sense with some sort of include, or reference to the same data, or else you would end up maintaining 2 copies of the same content just for formatting.

Leave a comment:

• neil
    replied

I will keep that in mind, I guess that was the advantage of using tables for the schedule.

Leave a comment:

• big chopper
    replied

Originally posted by swolchok View Post
    I halved the number of pages it takes to print by hacking up the print stylesheet: http://scott.wolchok.org/dc-17-sched-print.css You can cut about 4 more pages by manually commenting out the events sections, or extending this to somehow eliminate the whitespace there.

Directions for use:
    1) Save the schedule web page as "Web Page, Complete".
    2) in the created dc-17-schedule_files directory, replace dc-17-sched-print.css with my version.
    3) Print Preview to see if you're happier. Optionally, comment out either the events or talks sections of the web page because you only care about the talks or events.
    4) Print away!
    Thanks a lot !
    --bc,

Leave a comment:

• swolchok
    replied

Originally posted by big chopper View Post
    I know that it's a bit of work, but next year it would be VERY nice if there was a version of the schedule that is formatted for printing. Twenty-five pages of mostly white space isn't very user friendly.

The online version, however, looks great, even on a mobile device.
    --BC,
    I halved the number of pages it takes to print by hacking up the print stylesheet: http://scott.wolchok.org/dc-17-sched-print.css You can cut about 4 more pages by manually commenting out the events sections, or extending this to somehow eliminate the whitespace there.

Directions for use:
    1) Save the schedule web page as "Web Page, Complete".
    2) in the created dc-17-schedule_files directory, replace dc-17-sched-print.css with my version.
    3) Print Preview to see if you're happier. Optionally, comment out either the events or talks sections of the web page because you only care about the talks or events.
    4) Print away!

Leave a comment:

• big chopper
    replied

I know that it's a bit of work, but next year it would be VERY nice if there was a version of the schedule that is formatted for printing. Twenty-five pages of mostly white space isn't very user friendly.

The online version, however, looks great, even on a mobile device.
    --BC,

Leave a comment:

• neil
    replied

I did add some print styles a few weeks ago. It's quite a bit longer than it was before I started adding events/contests. Check it out! The speaking schedule will also be printed in the program.

Leave a comment:

• melicious
    replied

Have you tried within the last week or two? I had a really hard time printing the schedule initially (as in, 17 pages of mostly white paper) but I think they updated it and now it prints out just fine for me.

Leave a comment:

• big chopper
    started a topic Printing the speaker schedule?

Printing the speaker schedule?

Has anyone figured out a way to print the speaker schedule? I know it's so 20th century, but it would be a very nice planning tool.
    --bc,
Working...
X