Re: Getting Ready For The Trip

The throwdown is imminent.

The countdown begins.

My flight leaves tomorrow evening.

Leave a comment:

• spyhunter
    replied

dude, where are you partying with all that gear man!! let a brother know... hehe

Leave a comment:

• Salem
    replied

Leaving in 9.5 hours. Kegs filled and carb'd. Backpack frame and straps for the kegpack ready to go. Got a bunch of die-cut stickers made and picked up. Got the hookah packed and ready. Cats taken care of.

Haven't started packing yet, but I got the essentials taken care of.

Leave a comment:

• goathead
    replied

Originally posted by xor View Post
    Setup Cat CAM
    Do tell about this cat cam~

Leave a comment:

• Exobscurum
    replied

The worst is having to give the guys at the Detroit Airport a Canadian passport and they ask you about 5 times why you are flying out of the US. Trying to explain the simple economics of it has never worked. Also, just to keep life interesting I tell them i am going to a network security conference and they want me to explain again why I am going for work to a conference in Vegas from Detroit when i am Canadian.....whew!!! when I look at it all typed out...I get tired

Leave a comment:

• Schuyler
    replied

I have never been this stressed before a trip. Have to get so many projects completed. Just shipped last minute identity work to a client, need to tweak an wedding invitation insert for a friend, finish new signage for my day job, re-pin 30ish locks & I haven't packed a single thing, yet.

If this all comes together I am going to be floored. Either way, fly out in about 32 hours.

Leave a comment:

• streaker69
    replied

Originally posted by bjaming View Post
    wait.

what?

edit-also, anyone else vote party at violet's house? :D
    Ever see that episode of The Office when Angela setup the CatCam so she could watch her cats at home?

Imagine that, except Xor isn't a stuck up blonde prude.

Leave a comment:

• bjaming
    replied

Setup Cat CAM
    wait.

what?

edit-also, anyone else vote party at violet's house? :D

Leave a comment:

• violet
    replied

This is why I thank my lucky stars I already live in Vegas. Well, Henderson - but it's all the same damn thing when it comes down to it. Good luck to everyone who has to get their shit together in a hurry.

Leave a comment:

• barry99705
    replied

Originally posted by Ne0nRa1n View Post

Nothing quite like just having the realization that you've painted yourself into a corner, is there?
    As long as you aren't on a roof, it's not so bad!

Leave a comment:

• Ne0nRa1n
    replied

Holy crap, I am so not ready to go to Las Vegas in two days. How unprepared I currently am is bordering on embarrassing.

I am usually way better organized than this, but for some reason I've had the worst case of procrastination with my speech this year and time has just got away from me. Not to mention there is a billion things to do before I can leave this place for a week.

Gah!

Nothing quite like just having the realization that you've painted yourself into a corner, is there?

Leave a comment:

• sintax_error
    replied

I'm in the same boat, xor. Worst part is I always forget something, or decide not to bring something, and then realize that I need it for something or other. I'm probably going to start packing tech tomorrow actually. Trying to limit myself to 3 bags for a 5 day stay.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

heh, i'm already in vegas. managed to get out here this year with only one extra bag for each traveler plus shipping three large boxes beforehand. given the fact that i needed loads and loads of shit for contests plus the fact that three of our checked bags were all just guns, that's not too bad.

your best friend in packing is the bathroom scale...
    1. it helps you force your edits and choices wisely with respect to what's in your checked bags (like noid said... leave the welding equipment at home)

2. it reminds you (or at least me) of how out of shape i am and that goes a long way towards what i choose to wear in vegas, hah.

speaking of checked bags and tech, all rifles made it out here just fine... so any of you counting on shooting my gear are still in good shape, long as the maids don't try to boost my stuff. interestingly, this was the first time ever that my rifle cases were sent to special baggage at the destination and Daisy and i had to show ID (not just our bag check tickets but actual photo ID) to claim them.

Leave a comment:

• barry99705
    replied

It's awesome. Just got Season 4 and will be ordering Season 5. I always catch these shows late, same thing happened with the X-Files. I will say one think Disney sure has gotten dark. Walt is turning over in his grave no doubt, but I like it.

Just a side note was up at Best Buy and saw 2 Samsung Series 8 LED TV's. One was 120Hz the other 240Hz, man they are sexy as hell. Wafer thin, about 3/4 of an inch. Gorgeous HD picture quality; of course LD looks like shite no matter what you watch it on.

xor
    They still make laser disks??!! Man I miss having to flip the disk half way through Star Wars!

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied

Lay out what you are going to pack, then go to dinner or lunch or something..then come back and go over it again. I do this ever year..First attempt at packing I bring everything short of the kitchen sink. Second review I pull half the stuff saying 'look..if I really really need a brazing torch, I will just source one locally'. You'll cut down the amount of gear you have considerably if you ask yourself 'do I really need this?' or 'will I really use this?' on each item..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X