HHV review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HHV review

Big thanks to everyone involved, both officially and those that jumped in to help.

A few points:

*Yes some of the soldering irons sucked, yes they were all donated/loaned. We do this on a zero budget. If you would like to see better gear next year, please help us out by bringing some better gear to use/lend.
    *The power was sub-optimal. Defcon didn't get the usual supply of power strips they usually do due to various and sundry events. Shouldn't be the case next year.
    *Layout of the room/Cramped room/Not enough tables. We were lucky enough to get a double skybox this year, easy to forget that we were in half the space last year. Near zero chance we will get more space while Defcon is at the Riv, but we can try to get the tables in a better configuration for next year. Ideas?
    *Tables linen. Next year first order of business is to remove the table cloths, fold them, and put them in a nice stack. Last order of business: put them back on the tables.

Once again, this year the HHV was awesome, everything went well (thanks volunteers!) and I think that everyone had a great time. Keep posting if you have ideas, or drop me a PM if you think of something post thread lock and we will see what we can do for next year.

Comment

*Yes some of the soldering irons sucked, yes they were all donated/loaned. We do this on a zero budget. If you would like to see better gear next year, please help us out by bringing some better gear to use/lend.
      So since I mentioned it, I scored 3 Weller WM120's for next year (and the following hopefully). They're a (baby blue) minature/superfine 12W 800F tip ( so a bit hotter than the usual 600F i like) but they work great.

Its hard to do a lot of damage with them because they're so small, he says confidently....

If i score any metcal's, i'm keeping them ;)
      - Null Space Labs

Comment

Kudos to all the folks who helped run the HHV. I had a blast! I hope someone put the 2.4 GHz phones I brought to some good use. They were all functional before I came to the con . . . Alas, they gave their circuit boards so that badges could get hacked and a new generation of hackers could begin their rise to solder sultanhood. :P
        "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." -Optimus Prime

Comment

Working...
        X