X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Applause (or Boos) ...

First the Boos:

Registration Chaos:

I know it's already been said a Million times, but it sucked. Pre-reg should never run out of badges. And on top of it I was unable to get a CD, book or Lanyard. Sorry for flogging a dead horse on this one.

Bees:

I hate you, I wanted to go swimming.

Kadys:

For food poisoning my Wife, and a couple friends. At least you tasted good at 4am.

Riviera Security:

If the roof is unlocked, attached to a Sky Box that is full of drunk people and there is no indicator that it's not okay to enter people are going to go up there. You banned a lot of really great people who meant no harm. Not the best judgment call on their part, but still it sucks really bad for those who were curious to see where that door lead to.

Cheers to:

Goons:

Thanks for handling the roof incident, and helping forementioned folks not get arrested. You guys all do one hell of a job.

Ninjas:

You guys really outdid yourselves this year.
    The badges were amazing as was the event.

Bascule:

Hacker Karaoke was a blast. Hope to see it become a regular event next year.

Jose and KM:

Thanks for DJ'ing at Freakshow, the Ninja Party, and the Sky Boxes. You guys know how to party.

CA Substandard Crew:

You guys are always a ton of fun to hang out with.

JeffE:

Thanks for the neigborcon buckle / badge, and offer to put my stuff in your room when I got kicked out of mine. Sorry we didn't get to meet up more, Defcon flew by this year.

Flea and 23b:

Your mobile club on wheels was a lot of fun and added to the randomness that I'll remember this year. I was fully expecting to be rikroll'd when that cart came in.

And of course thanks to DT, Speakers, Event Organizers, anybody who contributed and YOU!

Everybody makes Defcon what it is. See you next year.

-Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by xor View Post
      I apologize for being a toool and jumping the line.
      hehe... watch out on the number of O's you use there, sir. tool != TOOOL
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
        hehe... watch out on the number of O's you use there, sir. tool != TOOOL
        Sorry dude, it's fixed with a more appropriate identifier for my actions. It sucks, however I brought this on myself. Hopefully, people will look at the good things I've done over the one or two bone headed ones. Guess I read a little to much into the "Hack Everything" Tee-Shirts, and my enthusiasm, fueled by alcohol, got the best of me.

xor
        Last edited by xor; August 21, 2009, 06:36.
        Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

No joke. Your first con, you should get a badge. :-)

xor
          Very cool of you.

Wow, I must be getting rusty in my old age. I did not make any boo's this year. I will have to try harder next year.

I generally don't do boos and thanks, as there are too many great folks and I don't want to miss anyone.

Some that I DO have to mention though:
          Noid: Damn glad to work for ya another year. As always, you rocked.
          Arclight: Ditto, always great being on your team. We stole the show with our mexican wrestling takeover at the freakshow. Anyone have pics/video?
          The rest of the Goons: we did a hell of a job this year, if I do say so myself!
          Mouse: Glad we got to have some mead this year, it had been far too long. Thanks again for the picks and stuff! Seeing you is always one of my favorite parts of any con!
          Danozano: As always, great rooming with ya man.
          Jimbo: Doubt ya read this, but thanks for everything, my brother.
          Everyone that made the toxic bbq happen and handed us cooks a cold drink and break time on the grill.
          Everyone that put on the parties and gave the Goons VIP treatment. It means a lot, believe me.
          And props to the poor guy that I punished for the scavenger hunt points. Ya earned your points, and the plastic fork had to hurt worse than the spatula!

Boos to the penthouse party getting shut down. That sucks. Other than that, I can't really bitch except for me having to cut out early.

Sorry to all the folks that I did not get to spend more time catching up with... I truly meant to hang out more this year.
          Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Yay!:
            All my Ninjas - for being fantastically bright, wacky-ass people who continue to do more, better.
            Barkode and Chris - for topping yourselves
            Ndex - finally meeting you was brilliant!
            Falconred - for WCB action to kick off my weekend
            Beckka, Skully, and Crackerjack - for being there when it was really needed.
            Hofbrauhaus, Las Vegas paramedics, and that one cab driver - for being really cool about the consequences of a couple of boys being rowdy.
            Kubla - holy shit!
            TW - for being thoughtful and sweet and having a beautiful smile!

Boo!:
            Riviera - as usual.
            Falconred - for calling me responsible! Ewww!
            Whoever left the door to the roof unlocked - duh!
            My own dumb ass - for getting to Vegas already sleep-deprived...
            Everyone who keeps saying "Network Ninjas" - it's Ninja Networks!

Comment

You want to PM me an address I'll ship you mine for free.

xor
              I got it today. Thanks man... This thing is awesome... you should have seen the prank my roommates put me through with it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby_Normal View Post
                I'm still pretty fried, but here are a few:

Woots for:

D-code - For taking all the blame! :-)
                The Goons - you guys rocked more than normal!
                Salem - For making us our own custom cider!
                23b - For trying so hard to keep the dream alive, for the mobile club and for being great friends!
                Solomon - for the coffee! I think the coffee/chill out suite was a great idea. maybe next year we can do a brunch. Also, for letting us party in your room!

Niki, Dallas, Amber, Siv - for everything you all do, especially the stuff I can't post about here!
                Macro and Kevin - for being down! You make me feel like I'm back home!
                CJ - You kept us out of trouble, and maybe out of jail
                IceTre - For keeping me grounded, and keeping me sane.

Everyone who helped carry stuff! You have no idea how much we appreciate that!

Boos:

The Bees
                The Riv management (not all of them, you know who you are, and I know you'll read this) keep shooting yourselves in the foot.

i know I forgot a lot, I'll add more when I think of it.
                it's always my fault... :) Somehow... why not simply lead with it?

I had a great time.
                Last edited by dc0de; September 6, 2009, 14:14.
                --- If you're a snowflake, you're gonna have a bad time.
                Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Working...
                X