Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are people bringing to Defcon?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thankfully she needs me around. :D

    Comment


    • Someone tell me if these are good or bad..

      Laptop computer: no-brainer
      FRS: Probably usefull
      Disposable Cameras: fuck risking my digital getting stolen

      Linksys Access Point: I'm staying at the St. Tropez.. what will the wireless be like there? Would an AP be usefull and how likely is it that i Could use it without it getting stolen.

      X10 Wireless Cameras (1 to 3) and Receiver: Could be fun.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Contrarian
        Someone tell me if these are good or bad..

        Laptop computer: no-brainer
        FRS: Probably usefull
        Disposable Cameras: fuck risking my digital getting stolen

        Linksys Access Point: I'm staying at the St. Tropez.. what will the wireless be like there? Would an AP be usefull and how likely is it that i Could use it without it getting stolen.

        X10 Wireless Cameras (1 to 3) and Receiver: Could be fun.
        the AP could be useful if you plan on bridging a network from another local area.. though you would need to get the AP and use a directional to point to a live open wlan... ;) just an idea. Otherwise you may want to call the St. Tropez and check if they have in house wifi support... :)

        the X10 surely could be fun, though not too sure how many others have receivers.. :/

        You seem a little paranoid about getting all your stuff stolen... as long as you keep your stuff in your room, and don't let anyone in, you should be fine... though leaving something on a table and leaving would certainly be something else... so be cautious. :)

        Comment


        • well if I had to leave the AP out in the open so I can get reception to the St Tropez, or if i put one of the cameras out in the open, yea, i'd be afraid they'd get ripped off.

          As for the camera, I am thinkin the disposables are just better for my needs. I dont like my digital camera (about 4 years old) cuz it takes 30 seconds to takea damn picture.

          Comment


          • It'd really suck if things started to get ripped off. I used to work at a place where, if you dropped a $20 bill, the finder would tack it to a noteboard. No one ever considered ever doing anything against their co-workers. I hope we can have that here this year.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by astcell
              I hope we can have that here this year.
              I think we can put that in the wishful thinking bin, next to 'i hope to find a tree that sprouts money and seeds for growing more trees..' ;)

              Comment


              • So if we find a thief, can we toss him to the bottom of the pool until the con is over?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by astcell
                  So if we find a thief, can we toss him to the bottom of the pool until the con is over?
                  I wouldn't see too much stopping anyone from doing this..

                  Comment


                  • Three things I hate:
                    People who steal other people's stuff
                    People who continue to lie after they know they have been caught
                    People who take naked pictures of my wife and don't even have the courtesy to send me a copy.


                    :D

                    Comment


                    • Ok ya'll are concentrating too much on this thievery stuff, more so than me.

                      I'm just being realistic. 5000 drunk males between 16 and 32 learning how to break into computers and circumvent security walking past my easily taken access point or X-10 camera.

                      I'd almost be dissapointed if it wasn't stolen.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Contrarian
                        Ok ya'll are concentrating too much on this thievery stuff, more so than me.

                        I'm just being realistic. 5000 drunk males between 16 and 32 learning how to break into computers and circumvent security walking past my easily taken access point or X-10 camera.

                        I'd almost be dissapointed if it wasn't stolen.
                        Oh... If that what your looking for :) I alwais like to get free stuff :) Can you tell me where i'll be able to pick it up?
                        Dam if you go with that willing to getting all your stuff "stolen", I am sure you can make a couple of friends there...

                        Heheh just be sure to keep your stuff in your Hotel Room where it's safe... You don't need your Access point to be outside do you?

                        Put your Camera in your window and put a couple of them in your room if your planning to bring some chick so that will all be able to sniff your camera :p Long life to X10!:D
                        /* NO COMMENT */

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dataworm
                          Heheh just be sure to keep your stuff in your Hotel Room where it's safe... You don't need your Access point to be outside do you?
                          No, I am bringing a couple of APs, and they are certainly not going to be sitting outside... I think though he wants to get LOS, or something for the boost using a directional... but depending on what type of directional he uses he could probably still have the entire rig inside.

                          Comment


                          • The signal will be weakened when placed next to glass, so don't put the WAP in the window, put it by the wall, unless the window is open. It only makes a difference in the fringes for the most part.

                            No WAP here, the pix will fill up enough luggage space if I do get to bring it.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by astcell
                              No WAP here, the pix will fill up enough luggage space if I do get to bring it.
                              Aw, how are you going to share? :(

                              Comment


                              • All these people bringing some flavor of PIX.....you could sure save alot of space if you simply loaded Checkpoint on a second laptop add a second pcmcia nic and your off and running...

                                What were you thinking :p
                                Apex

                                http://www.shadowbiz.net

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X