Anybody going to Black Hat DC 2010?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody going to Black Hat DC 2010?

I'm 99.9% sure I'm going, but I'm waiting to see the training course list. Work is paying for a course, so hopefully there are some great courses offered this go-around. They should be announced on Monday (anybody have a pre-list?).

Anybody else heading to DC in Jan/Feb?

Re: Anybody going to Black Hat DC 2010?

I'd love to go to BH in Jan, but the money just isn't there ;/ I'm probably going to make it to Shmoocon though!
    "As Arthur C Clarke puts it, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". Here is my corollary: "Any sufficiently technical expert is indistinguishable from a witch"."

Comment

yes
      perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
        yes
        Trainings? Briefings? Both?

Comment

Originally posted by Club81 View Post
          Trainings? Briefings? Both?
          Briefings only.
          perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
            Briefings only.
            Please say you'll be wearing more than your briefs.
            A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

I think I might just buzz out for a training and not make the briefings. We'll see....It'll be great either way.

Comment

I think I'm going to go to Chris Eagle's IDA Pro class. Any reviews from anybody that has been through that one?

Other topical questions that I can't find on the Black hat site:
                --How many participants are in each training session?
                --Does this IDA Pro class fill up fast? Do I need to book ASAP or do I have a couple weeks/months to decide?

Thanks, gang.

Comment

Uhhh... well it is Chris Eagle. Is there anything else to say? Let's see... hummmm skol of r00t.... reversing guru.... yeah. I think that should cover it. He is a great guy, very very intelligent and wrote a kick ass book on IDA. He has mad skills and If I had the bread I would take this class for no other reason than the fact that he is Chris Eagle.
                  XS

Comment

Just booked my training session for the "Web Application (in)Security" course. My buddy is going to the IDA Pro Class w/ Chris Eagle. It's going to be great -- other than that $2K I just plopped on my credit card! :-)

Comment

First batch of Black Hat DC speakers are going on-line Monday.

Looks like some solid and interesting presentations. More soon!
                      PGP Key: https://defcon.org/html/links/dtangent.html

Comment

Yep, I’m going. Ill be in the Tactical Exploit class as well as the briefings / receptions. Can’t wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Decrevi View Post
                          Yep, I’m going. Ill be in the Tactical Exploit class as well as the briefings / receptions. Can’t wait!

Right -- it's going to be great. I'm not attending the briefings as I need to get back to classes! So a quick SAT-TUE trip for me to make time for the SUN-MON course.

Is it January yet!??!

Comment

First round is up, more soon for Black Hat D.C.

https://www.blackhat.com/html/dc2010...briefings.html
                            PGP Key: https://defcon.org/html/links/dtangent.html

Comment

DT (or others in the know),

When will the remaining trainings be confirmed to be a "GO"? I see 9/14 have been cancelled. Luckily, I am currently registered for one that is still being offered. When will I know for sure that this course will be offered? And please don't say, "when you get there."

Comment

Working...
                              X