Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Post DEFCON 17: thoughts, ideas, suggestions -- make Defcon 18 better!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post DEFCON 17: thoughts, ideas, suggestions -- make Defcon 18 better!

Originally posted by altNull View Post
    What about a open mic for stand up? This could happen during one of the nights in the Chillout Area. We could have nerf balls as you come in, so instead of people just booing people off - the could be nerfed off. Though the number of volunteers might be seem slim in these forums, considering out intoxicated people get, we will probably have a large number of volunteers that just show up.

We could also have them sign an agreement that says we get to post this instantly on the net.

Yes/No?
    YES. I like this idea.
    --BC,

Comment

• Re: Post DEFCON 17: thoughts, ideas, suggestions -- make Defcon 18 better!

Originally posted by altNull View Post
      What about a open mic for stand up? This could happen during one of the nights in the Chillout Area. We could have nerf balls as you come in, so instead of people just booing people off - the could be nerfed off. Though the number of volunteers might be seem slim in these forums, considering out intoxicated people get, we will probably have a large number of volunteers that just show up.

We could also have them sign an agreement that says we get to post this instantly on the net.

Yes/No?
      Oh neat, Defcon Gong Show?!?

Someone needs to bring the Popsicle Twins!
      Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

• Re: From Post DEFCON 17: thoughts, ideas, suggestions -- make Defcon 18 better!

Copied from Post Defcon 17: Defcon 17 Wrap-up. These are ideas from people at Defcon 17 on how to improve Defcon 18.

The original thread is now closed, and this one is open.

Comment

• Re: From Post DEFCON 17: thoughts, ideas, suggestions -- make Defcon 18 better!

I am fairly new to defcon, 18 will be my second, as such I do not know much of the history of defcon. I do know that a lot of us are gamers and I am wondering if anyone would like to see an unofficial console contest of some sort (halo3 style LAN party or some other similar event.) I would not mind supplying the hardware in the way of the networking (lord knows I have enough already) would just need the consoles and TVs to play from.

Is there any type of interest in this or has it been attempted before and failed?

I know they did a Team Fortress 2 event at DC17 and it seemed to be a hit but there were not enough stations for people to play at. So if people started bringing their own equipment (their own console and TV or just the console and talked to a local corporate sponsor for TVS... I'm just spit balling ideas here.

Could also offer this as some type of stupid drinking game, I know I have done a shot a kill before and it was a hit at previous LAN parties...

Any input is welcome.

(Side note: I did not see a forum for DC18 ideas for contests only to continue the events from last year)
          Last edited by hexjunkie; December 1, 2009, 11:56. Reason: shot a kill idea added
          Originally posted by Ellen
          Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

Comment

Originally posted by hexjunkie View Post
            I am fairly new to defcon, 18 will be my second, as such I do not know much of the history of defcon. I do know that a lot of us are gamers and I am wondering if anyone would like to see an unofficial console contest of some sort (halo3 style LAN party or some other similar event.) I would not mind supplying the hardware in the way of the networking (lord knows I have enough already) would just need the consoles and TVs to play from.

Is there any type of interest in this or has it been attempted before and failed?

I know they did a Team Fortress 2 event at DC17 and it seemed to be a hit but there were not enough stations for people to play at. So if people started bringing their own equipment (their own console and TV or just the console and talked to a local corporate sponsor for TVS... I'm just spit balling ideas here.

Could also offer this as some type of stupid drinking game, I know I have done a shot a kill before and it was a hit at previous LAN parties...

Any input is welcome.
            Please see the [forum=433]Contests/Events for Decon 17[/forum] and you will find [forum=471]Team Fortress 2 Tournament[/forum] forum. From there you can find information about how it worked, and maybe you can talk to the people that organized that contest/event. Maybe they are going to do it again, and maybe they want volunteers.

(Side note: I did not see a forum for DC18 ideas for contests only to continue the events from last year)
            This thread is a generic thread from the post Defcon 17 forum, and was copied forward. It can be used for all sorts of suggestions, including contests/events, but will only exist for Defcon 18, and not be moved forward each year.

For New Ideas in contests and events, we have a forum that we move forward each year and place it in the contests/events space for the up-coming Defcon.

You can find [forum=49]New Ideas[/forum] (for contests/events) presently (at the date of this post) in the [forum=486]Defcon 18 Contests/Event[/forum] forum.

Comment

Working...
            X