Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running at Contest/Event at Defcon 18? Planning to?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Re: Running at Contest/Event at Defcon 18? Planning to?

Originally posted by LosT View Post
    Heh. Still a question Cot? :/

Yeah, me too I guess.
    [forum=495]LosT @ Con Mystery Challenge[/forum] is now active with the description:
    "The LosT@Con Mystery Challenge returns to Defcon - will you complete the challenge? (site.)"

Please let me know if I should change any of it. Welcome back to your last year running this contest(?) What will people do for their puzzle fix next year?

Leave a comment:

• LosT
    replied

Heh. Still a question Cot? :/

Yeah, me too I guess.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

Originally posted by LosT View Post
    Like a finger pointing away to the moon.

Yes.
    Lost@Con Mystery Challenge is coming back, then? Any others?

(Will try to activate once confirmed.)

Leave a comment:

• LosT
    replied

Like a finger pointing away to the moon.

Yes.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

Originally posted by eris View Post
    Please update with the new submissions email address of scavlist@gmail.com, otherwise description is fine.
    Done! Thanks for the info update.

Leave a comment:

• eris
    replied

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
    BAM! Forum created and copied forward with same description as last year. Please let me know if the description should be changed.
    Please update with the new submissions email address of scavlist@gmail.com, otherwise description is fine.

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied

Running FROM contest/events at Defcon18? Planning to?

Yes. Exploding beer, huge fires, guns, queers, straights, coffee, art, finding strange lists of stuff...it all frightens me.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

Artwork Contest Forum created. Thanks Neil!

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

Originally posted by eris View Post
    Scavenger hunt will be back, and improved. Siviak still running it but with the addition of Vandal and Eris as co-organizers/judges at DC 18.
    BAM! Forum created and copied forward with same description as last year. Please let me know if the description should be changed.

Leave a comment:

• eris
    replied

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
    Received word from euro12 that QueerCon is on for DC18. Forum activated. Any other contests or event leaders/organizers know if their contest or event will be returning from last year?

Please let us know!
    Scavenger hunt will be back, and improved. Siviak still running it but with the addition of Vandal and Eris as co-organizers/judges at DC 18.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

Received word from euro12 that QueerCon is on for DC18. Forum activated. Any other contests or event leaders/organizers know if their contest or event will be returning from last year?

Please let us know!

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

I'm going to assume that the B&W Ball will be coming back next year. Same with Spot the Fed. I've added those on the assumption they will be back next year in some form.

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    Gringo Warrior will most assuredly be making another appearance and will be the main focus of my activities at DEFCON.
    All of the Lockpicking contests were grouped into one forum. Is that still desired? One forum for all of these lockpicking contests, or separate contest forums now?

I've copied the old forum forward with the same links in the description. Please let me know if these should change.

I'll naturally keep bringing Beer Cooling back as a fun way to kick off Friday noontime with free drinks.
    It is back, with its description and any links copied forward. Let me know if these need to be updated, and to what.

Last year the unofficial ToxicBBQ contest "Titanium Chef" didn't happen due to lack of participants (only one official team and one last-minute "i guess we could do it" sort of entry) but we'll see how things fare this time around... i plan to move the time of that event up into the main BBQ hours itself to see if that makes it easier on people.
    That will have to wait until I get confirmation from the leaders/organizers of the ToxicBBQ, so I can bring that forum forward.

The DEFCON Shoot will absolutely be happening again on Thursday morning and i hope to see you all there.
    Cool.Activated forum with description copied forward. Please let me know if changes to the description are desired, and what they should be.

Thanks man!

Heh, i'm sure there may be more... that's just all i can think of right now.
    Cool. Lay them down here if/when you come up with them.

[forum=486]Forum for DC18 contests/events[/forum] is populated.
    Last edited by TheCotMan; November 29, 2009, 22:54.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Gringo Warrior will most assuredly be making another appearance and will be the main focus of my activities at DEFCON.

I'll naturally keep bringing Beer Cooling back as a fun way to kick off Friday noontime with free drinks.

Last year the unofficial ToxicBBQ contest "Titanium Chef" didn't happen due to lack of participants (only one official team and one last-minute "i guess we could do it" sort of entry) but we'll see how things fare this time around... i plan to move the time of that event up into the main BBQ hours itself to see if that makes it easier on people.

The DEFCON Shoot will absolutely be happening again on Thursday morning and i hope to see you all there.

Heh, i'm sure there may be more... that's just all i can think of right now.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    started a topic Running at Contest/Event at Defcon 18? Planning to?

Running at Contest/Event at Defcon 18? Planning to?

Are you planning to run a contest or event that you ran at Defcon 17? If so, it would be great if you could reply here and let us know. You will still need to talk to Russ (Assuming he is running the Contests/Events area) and/or Grifter (if he is still running the Skyboxes and you need one) and Neil and AgentX or Nikita if you want to be in the program and plan to use any speaker track space, respectively.

If you are not returning to host a contest/event at Defcon again, but want to host a new contest/event, then I am not the first person to talk to. Go talk to the above mentioned people ad get an OK from Dark Tangent. Yes, you will need to talk to each person responsible for each resource you will want to use. Failure to talk to everyone involved may mean that you don't get all resources you want. Creation of a forum for your contest/event is simple: once it is on the main site, or I get an OK from Russ, Grifter, Neil, Nikita or DT on the event location/space as being authorized, a forum can be created. Only contests/events that happened previous years can get forums that exist for planning while the leaders/organizers of the contest/event talk to the people they need to talk to to make arrangements. Anything new needs approval from one or more of the above people.

If someone else ran a contest/event and you are taking over the contest/event, I would need to get confirmation from the person that ran the contest/event, by a trusted email or word of mouth through Defcon staff/goons. The verification process for this will probably be slow, and could take more than a week, depending on how responsive all people included might be.
    Last edited by TheCotMan; November 30, 2009, 16:27.
Working...
X