Identify these locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify these locks

So I'm still stuck in Taiwan (the earthquake was fun) and I decided to find some padlocks. I'm curious as to the security of the locks and general consensus/comments. I'll bring the locks with me to Shmoocon if Deviant is interested in them for his collection.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/beakmyn...7622910403577/

Re: Identify these locks

Looks like disc locks, club style multi-pin locks and a double sided wafer, much like a car ignition
    Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

wow, man... thank you! i'd love to add a few to the TOOOL collection.

but what is this that i see? omfg... what is the price on the cross lock? (which you and some others often refer to as a Phillips Head lock) they are wicked fun to mess with if you have the right tools... i just can never find them cheaply. usually they are part of a larger door locker assembly whenever i've come across them, like in Argentina...

... i'd surely love to see some of these if you can score them for about $10 USD or less. (actually, if they are less than $10 and you have time to buy more, please feel free to try to get in touch with me directly and we might discuss a quantity of like a dozen or more if it is at all possible.)

render is correct, most of the remaining ones appear to be rotating disk designs. i can not spot the one that he has identified as possibly an automotive lock, unless the photos have changed a bit.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

@Deviant

You have email.

The cross lock was about $7.50 USD

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/beakmyn

has all the pictures with the interesting Castle lock.

BTW, I turned on another contractor on the job to picking. He sent me an email that when he returned home on Wednesday he made a set of picks and has picked all the locks in house.

Comment

Speaking of picks. I've been tasked with picking up a couple basic sets at shmoocon. I was showing my dad how easy it was to unlock the locks that hold his "toad" to the back of the rv. So now he wants a set. I picked up a set for a buddy at work when I was at defcon and later he went to a client's office to reinstall some server software and left his extra iPhone charger on his desk. So I used one of the cheap ass master locks we use in the training classroom to keep the "honest people honest" and locked the adapter to his desk. He actually picked it with a couple paper clips because he left the picks at home! Hey Deviant, do you guys usually have broken key extractors at the cons? I want to pick up a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by barry99705 View Post
              Speaking of picks. I've been tasked with picking up a couple basic sets at shmoocon. I was showing my dad how easy it was to unlock the locks that hold his "toad" to the back of the rv. So now he wants a set. I picked up a set for a buddy at work when I was at defcon and later he went to a client's office to reinstall some server software and left his extra iPhone charger on his desk. So I used one of the cheap ass master locks we use in the training classroom to keep the "honest people honest" and locked the adapter to his desk. He actually picked it with a couple paper clips because he left the picks at home! Hey Deviant, do you guys usually have broken key extractors at the cons? I want to pick up a couple.
              That's exactly how I got started picking locks when I was a kid. My brother used to lock up the comic books and I found I could pick the lock with a twisted paper clip. Years later, a friend of mine and I used to work third shift and we liked to explore the building while no one was there but locked doors always hindered our progress, so I would pick the locks there, then one night I had an epiphany, why not pick the lock on the master key locker.
              A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

Working...
              X