Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC760 in Carlsbad California meeting up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC760 in Carlsbad California meeting up!

Hey! my handle is Mr. Phantom! I dwell in Carlsbad Ca. I have started a north county group in the hopes of having more people like my self to drink coffee and to have round table group discusions with. Please get in cantact with me eaither by here in the forum or by email at broughme@gmail.com. Lets get some more local out to my meetings!
    Last edited by okitrance; February 9, 2010, 11:00.

Re: DC760 in Carlsbad California meeting up!

i don't know if this is me being a dick or anything... but is it improper to ask how you managed to use my avatar? and i'm not trying to be an ass when saying that... since i actually did create it myself in the italian "linea" style and edit the GIF for animation, etc.

i even recall having the mods do a favor for me in getting it set as my avatar since it contained more frames or more overall file size than the forums allowed by default. (thanks again for that!)

do the forums automatically add everyone's avatars, even custom ones, to a central database that all new users can see? just seems kind of aggravating... since i know that when i read the forums, i use people's image to help my brain process who is writing. i often don't check names since i subconsciously notice who people are by image. this has even gotten difficult a few other times in the past when duplicates have happened.

so yeah... not trying to be a territorial jerk... just asking if maybe you'd care to choose your own image.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

For the record, I am not a new user. My account was messed up and I had to have it reset. That being said, I apologize if the .gif I was using was your custom work. I don't believe that I found it here in the DC forums. I would not use another users avatar in the forum that I found it. I have had it in my pic folder for a little over a year and could not tell you where it came from. I have made the requested change and have deleted the gif from my library out of respect for you. In the future perhaps instead of posting a reply to thread maybe a PM would be a little more appropriate.

Again my apologies and if you live in the San Diego area perhapps you would like to join in on the next meeting and I will buy you a cup of Joe

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by okitrance View Post
        For the record, I am not a new user.
        nod. sorry to hear about your account difficulties.

I don't believe that I found it here in the DC forums. ... I have had it in my pic folder for a little over a year and could not tell you where it came from.
        sorry to correct you so specifically... but the overwhelming likelihood is that you originally found it on the DC Forums. that is the only place i have ever uploaded it and if you've had an old account it's quite possible that you had obtained it back then and simply forgotten about it. no worries, man... i've borrowed so many images from the web due to Google searches and used them in presentations, so i can understand it. i really hope that you didn't think i was super hopping mad or anything.

In the future perhaps instead of posting a reply to thread maybe a PM would be a little more appropriate.
        i hear you. i didn't mean to make a public scene or something (thus confined my comments to a minor DCGroups thread) and was thinking of PM'ing you... but even that i felt would have been out of line without checking with the mods or the rest of the community to make sure i wasn't overreacting.

if you live in the San Diego area perhapps you would like to join in on the next meeting
        sadly, i'm out on the other coast in Philly. but one day maybe i can cross paths. you're quite decent to have addressed things so quickly and not taken offense to my comments.

much appreciation and thanks.
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Hey okitrance, what up? I'm just a stone's throw away in Oceanside. I think we should get a North San Diego chapter rolling. We should figure out a time to get some people together for some discussion and beers.

V3rbal

Comment

I have put together a Google group for email and update purposes. Hit me up with your email and I’ll shoot you a group invite.

Comment

I live down south from you guys but I never see anything going on with the 619 or 858 groups, maybe I should drive up there. I'll send you a pm with my email in it.
              Network Jesus died for your SYN

Comment

Working...
              X