Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE: Anyone up for some good old fashioned UE in LV? ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackwave
    replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    Sounds like a great way to get an adrenalin rush!
    Seriously it is a rush! I love to see the faces when someone has been outsmarted and shot in the chest... very fun... or watching the newbies have their lens fog up and run into walls..

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Sounds like a great way to get an adrenalin rush!

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Originally posted by c0nv3r9
    Looks like a decent place, a little sandy, but nice sized field. What are they renting out that way?
    There is only one sandy place, I think it is either kosovo or bosnia... each field is named.... in fact they soon should be putting up Taliban City. Most other places are wooded, watery... pretty slick little themed place... the roll call is hilarious (mandatory 8am safety meeting)

http://scvillage.com/park_tour_arena.html

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    Looks like a decent place, a little sandy, but nice sized field. What are they renting out that way? Over here a lot of places are renting out tippman 98s, which aren't great by stock, but still decent. Sounds like a nasty rental price though...

.. if only my skill matched the beauty that is my Impulse...

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Originally posted by lokni
    Hey blackwave, do you know if they have rental stuff there. I have wanted to try paintball and have driven by that paintball place off of Serfas in Corona there a few times but never stopped.
    Yesh they have rental as SC Village... though next to it is another field called Tombstone (I wouldn't suggest going there)... but the rental stuff sucks.. and I think it is like 99 dollars or so for a marker, c02, and a box of paint, and maybe a camo jumpsuit, and a mask. :) It is fun, though they are junk markers.. and tend to break and misfire and suck a lot.. It is ok for a day, but if you plan to go back might as well buy your own marker for another hundred or so that is a semi, and a lot better than the rentals. :)

Leave a comment:

• lokni
    replied
    Hey blackwave, do you know if they have rental stuff there. I have wanted to try paintball and have driven by that paintball place off of Serfas in Corona there a few times but never stopped.

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Hmmm... I wonder if anyone would like to have a pb game in corona, california.

This is my favorite playing field, and pretty much the only one I go to because of the whole theme :)

http://www.scvillage.com/

Check out their aerial phots of their fields:
    http://www.scvillage.com/park_tour_aerial.html

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    It is very different, because unlike hunting the prey are shooting back with as much resolve as you. Time to take aim is minimized. Unlike real unfriendly fire, you don't die, may only feel a little sting or so. This makes the general populus willing to take higher risks and some players to be just absolutely crazy when it comes to getting the flag or bunkering others. It's truly an amazing sport.

As for the day, I wish I could have fought with half the resolve Rambo did in the movies, hehe. (Yeah, that's a common newb slang I think). I was out playing on a private field, and the last game of the day was to defend a tower with the opposite team invading. I was under the impression that the invading team was starting further off than they were, so ran as far up as I could to be the first to pick off a couple of them. This was not the case; as I about reached the tree and fallen brush that would cover me, I was sprayed in the chest from the oncoming team that had went in that direction. Nothing broke, amazingly, but definately would have if I had not given up the ghost at that point... To my dismay, they has started quite a ways into the field. And at this point, I think I get bonus points for a thread conversion in the ctp game. :)

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    I'm a crack shot with an M4 rifle or M9 pistol, but I wonder how I'd ever do with a paintball gun.
    from experience i have noticed that people that do well with a firearm tend to lack when things are shooting back at them, especially when it hurts like a mo fo.

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Originally posted by c0nv3r9
    I watched the full Rambo trilogy last night.. I just don't understand how I got spanked so bad at paintball today

heheh
    Hahaha... actually most of the pb ref make fun of newbies on their first time trying to be rambo... and get shot in the nuts running into a paint storm... getting smacked at 300 fps by something that 'might' splat anywhere sucks,... but getting hit on the magic tilt spot is somethng that i avoid at all costs, i have taken them in the hand and saved the 'boys' a whole hell'a pain, course my hand was swollen for a the next few days...

i am more geared for being the CTF sniper to make sure no one gets the flag... :) i have some kickass camo gear, and a couple of ghillie's suits that i made for different areas of the fields...

i love how sometimes someone is trying to be stealth, and all of a sudden you here their agitator...rrrr..r.rrr.. just aim for the sound... lol

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    I'm a crack shot with an M4 rifle or M9 pistol, but I wonder how I'd ever do with a paintball gun.

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    I watched the full Rambo trilogy last night.. I just don't understand how I got spanked so bad at paintball today

heheh

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    In preparation for this UE, I rented Goonies and will watch it 10 times!

Leave a comment:

• Siviak
    replied
    Blades and such

Originally posted by blackwave

Does anyone know the LV laws for carrying a razor sharp sword underneath a trenchoat? there can be only one!

With all this fear factor, no one has yet mentioned:

mystic goo that lives in the tunnels
    tunnel people that run upside along the tunnels
    mutated people that are victims of atomic testing

... or any x-files references... come on people, try harder :)
    Originally posted by PoT

I'd have to agree.. 'Bouncing' bullets don't sound to appealing to me either. If you want to bring something down there, I think a knife might be the way to go.

-PoT
    Just to let everyone know.. Metro isn't quite 'friendly' about geeks with blades... but it is legal with certain registration.... witch I would have no problem hooking anyone up with ..lemme know

Leave a comment:

• psyiode
    replied
    In rock climbing you support yourself with your feet, so your arms are not going to be holding your whole body..unless you slip heheh...but i would love to get in on this UE thing..i love caves and exploring and stuff...
    -Psy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X