Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gravity. What happened to Buzz, or Wave, or...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravity. What happened to Buzz, or Wave, or...

Here and there, in little corners of the internet, I'm hearing about Gravity. Yes, Gravity, as in http://www.gravity.com aka yet another social networking site. Sort of. Currently it's still in beta, and you need invitations (not hard to get), and I admit to having joined, more for curiosity than anything.

It's just odd to me that the noise about it seems localized. When gmail was first out, the talk about it was everywhere. That was true with other things, like Twitter (one of my least favorites, I admit).

One of the things that Gravity is supposed to do is suggest people to you that you should know, kind of like LinkedIn does on the "you might know" suggestions. So far, every one that's been suggested to me is someone I'd pay money NOT to hang out with, but that's just me. Antisocial to a fault.

Still, I'm curious. Anyone else on it (besides Bobcat)? Anyone else interested in it? Predictions?

Re: Gravity. What happened to Buzz, or Wave, or...

I'm too afraid it will suggest no one, either that or cats.

xor

Ps I am available for you to pay me not to hang out with you. What an awesome career that would be, for people to pay you not to hang out with them.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Originally posted by xor View Post
      Ps I am available for you to pay me not to hang out with you. What an awesome career that would be, for people to pay you not to hang out with them.
      Hah! For your information, I am already paying someone else so that I don't have to hang out with you.

Thanks so much for the opening. :-D

Comment

The video on the front page certainly makes me want to check it out. However, the basic concept, at least as I gather it from the video, reminds me a lot of Squidoo:

http://www.squidoo.com/

On Squidoo, people create topics they call "Lenses" that you can filter information (e.g. blogs/news articles) through. However, it seems like this might be more focused on actual conversations in some manner, which could be pretty cool.

Overall though, I feel like this is a largely solved problem, between things like mailing lists, newsgroups, forums, IRC, and Twitter/Facebook
        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
        [ redacted ]

Comment

Working...
        X