X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• take that apple!

iPad, pfft, how about a WePad?

http://eu.techcrunch.com/2010/03/19/...ation-instead/

usb, flash, web cam support; looks like apple has some catching up to do, already
    Network Jesus died for your SYN

Re: take that apple!

Originally posted by bjaming View Post
    iPad, pfft, how about a WePad?

http://eu.techcrunch.com/2010/03/19/...ation-instead/

usb, flash, web cam support; looks like apple has some catching up to do, already
    But...its...Apple!
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Wow. I had been planning on waiting for HP's Slate, but this looks better and sooner. I've been dying for a real tablet style computer for years but they've been too expensive until this last year.

I have dreams of a home security system that runs off a slate that shows you each room, where the sensors are located, which ones are going off, where all your family member are, all that. Ahhh, dreams.

Mel
      Secretary

Comment

Originally posted by Melesse View Post
        Wow. I had been planning on waiting for HP's Slate, but this looks better and sooner. I've been dying for a real tablet style computer for years but they've been too expensive until this last year.

I have dreams of a home security system that runs off a slate that shows you each room, where the sensors are located, which ones are going off, where all your family member are, all that. Ahhh, dreams.

Mel
        I did that with my X10 system at home and my Epod about 8 years ago. I could control my lights and sensors directly from it.
        A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

joined the mailing list for the pre-orders. I am very curious. Though I am in fear of this going the way of things like the iRiver where it develops a cult following but never really hits main stream :(

On a plus it runs on android so the app store won't be small!

To the side note, I am getting into the home automation stuff probably late this year beginning of next year (buying a home sometime around the con this year). Perhaps I should start a new thread to this effect since the question will get off topic.
          Originally posted by Ellen
          Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

Comment

Working...
          X