Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to play CTF but scared you'll get bullied by REAL hackers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Want to play CTF but scared you'll get bullied by REAL hackers?

If you guys still have spots, my friend and I would love to join your team. I'm currently out of school working on a company I started, so with my abundant time I've been learning many different hacking fundamentals and techniques. We would really love to participate in this competition. Thanks!

Comment

Well, we currently have 9 members signed up on the boards. I'm sure that one or more people will drop out between now and DC, as life frequently gets in the way, and we're certainly planning on having some back ups, but it's kind of unfair to ask people to wait for a possible spot they might not get.

Maybe it's time to start a second pick up team?

Mel
      Secretary

Comment

I am also intrested in playing... Anyone want to form a second team?

Comment

Originally posted by Moi View Post
          I am also intrested in playing... Anyone want to form a second team?
          I am in for a 2nd pickup team. It's my first defcon and first CTF, but I'm sure I could be of *some* use.

Comment

I would dig joining the second pick-up team. Count me in for two spots (Me and a friend)!

Comment

I could probably do some good, Do we have any expierenced OCTF or CTF former members of a team who would like to lead a second team?
              Originally posted by Ellen
              Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

Comment

It's early for this, but I can fill in an empty spot on a pickup team as the reg deadline approaches. I plan to actually attend talks and hopefully give a talk of my own, so don't rely on me at all, but I'd like to drop in for a bit just to get some experience.

Comment

oCTF rules. Always a great job.

They are usually the only ones left in the contest area with me as our contests go well into the night....

MysteryChallenge still owes oCTF for the Brawndo ;)

Comment

Originally posted by LosT View Post
                    oCTF rules. Always a great job.

They are usually the only ones left in the contest area with me as our contests go well into the night....

MysteryChallenge still owes oCTF for the Brawndo ;)
                    Unfortunately this year there will be no Brawndo I am told. They are in a production hiatus and will be unable to provide any. We are looking for a new company to sponsor drinks currently but as of right now will not be able to provide free caffeine for this year.

Comment

I'd like to lurk and watch....with express permission to ask a buttload of questions. : )

Comment

I went to Defcon for the first time last year, but I didn't really participate in any contests. I would absolutely love to participate in Open CTF. If any team is willing to take me in; I would be more than willing to stay in the room the entire time. Anyway, if there is a spot open on a team I would greatly appreciate the opportunity.

Comment

Hi, I would also like to join the second pickup team, if there is space available. I have been teaching myself networking basics, and while I am definitely going to have a lot of dumb questions, I really want to be involved in CTF.

Comment

So yea, I just confirmed that I will in fact be going this year! As stated before, I'd love to hang around and help however I can. Is anyone officially organizing this, or it is mostly ad-hoc?
                            Mundus Vult Decipi

Comment

Originally posted by Goatboy View Post
                              So yea, I just confirmed that I will in fact be going this year! As stated before, I'd love to hang around and help however I can. Is anyone officially organizing this, or it is mostly ad-hoc?
                              I'm helping organize one team. It's gotten very inactive on our forums, but I'm gonna make a post over there in a minute to see if people are still interested in playing. I, myself cannot attend Defcon this year, so I have no idea what is going on any more.
                              "As Arthur C Clarke puts it, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". Here is my corollary: "Any sufficiently technical expert is indistinguishable from a witch"."

Comment

Checking in to see if there's anyone left who would like to organize a team to jump in and experience oCTF? This will be my first year competing so I'm only expecting to learn. Or would anyone have a desire for a network person on their team? I can bring a decent switch, firewall, router, whatever we need along with about 3 years experience configuring them. I've been on the fence but decided I don't want to miss the chance to play this year.

**Update** It looks like capncon and I will be forming a team so please pm me or post here if anyone is interested in joining our team.

Currently:

Have: 2
                                Looking for: 6
                                Last edited by RadioHack; July 14, 2010, 06:10. Reason: Felt it was better to update than to double post.

Comment

Working...
                                X