April Fools Day, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: April Fools Day, 2010

that is an epic CAPTCHA. I may have to use that, if you don't mind.
    It's not stupid, it's advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by YenTheFirst View Post
      that is an epic CAPTCHA. I may have to use that, if you don't mind.
      I'm fine with that. Just credit the Defcon forums with it somewhere. It was pretty easy to make with gimp and choose fonts that were non-western chars, and then emulate captcha software results.

It really is hard to come up with good ideas for April Fools Day on the forums and be unlike other sites on the Internet. I've archived all the previous examples I've provided, and the best one was the "defcon.org has expired. Pay $19.95 to renew?" That was one of three from last year. Hard to beat that one.

Comment

I personally enjoyed the "Welcome to the Conficker Botnet" page from last year. Were the comments on that one actually added by previous visitors or just random internet screams?
        "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Originally posted by sintax_error View Post
          I personally enjoyed the "Welcome to the Conficker Botnet" page from last year. Were the comments on that one actually added by previous visitors or just random internet screams?
          The pranks from last year were all fabricated by me like the text in the fake interviews with Noid, Jeff, and Roamer this year. (Obviously, they didn't say these things. I tried to create something like what they would say using their provided public persona based on posted content like a "WW[NJR]{1}D" (What would [Noid||Jeff||Roamer] Do?))

The ideas for the 3 examples this year were the result of collaboration with the the mods, so no one person can take credit for all of the ideas pushed to those 3 April Fool's Day pranks this year. If there was any fault with the presentation of these ideas, then the blame is mine. (On the plus side, they were W3C validated as HTML and created using "vi" :-)
          Last edited by TheCotMan; April 5, 2010, 23:09.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
            On the plus side, they were W3C validated as HTML and created using "vi" :-)
            People still use vi?
            "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Working...
            X