kc + 2600 = wtf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kc + 2600 = wtf?

just checking in on any kc2600 go'ers... a while ago someone had kc2600.net domain going on and a little site up and shit. i attempted to check one of the meets out at b&n in independence with no damn luck of finding anyone. is it dead? anyone know? anyone from kc know wtf is up? i've lived here all 21 years of my life and i still see no scene.
    -encieno
    www.mirage.org
    encieno@aim

Get the ball rolling.

Well, you can do something about that. Make sure you're not the only one at the meetings. If the location is good, keep it since it's already published as the location in the magazine. I looked through my back issues and the Kansas City meeting only recently began being published, Fall 2001 to be exact. I find it hard to believe that they gave up that easily, although they may have. Put up fliers, start a site for the KC meeting, I noticed they didn't have one. Put fliers in issues of 2600 and around the CS labs at local colleges or technical schools.

If you build it, they will come. I'll guarantee that.
    .: Grifter :.

Comment

encieno

count me in man. but lets change it to a venue that serves barley water type beverages, or just get shitty beforehand.:D

Comment

See...

You have a meeting already. :)
        .: Grifter :.

Comment

Yeah, and we work about a 100 ft from each other which is wild considering we both live on the other side of the f'ing city

I also looked at the kc 2600 meetings, but noone goes to b+n anymore it seems. they were all hot and heave for about a month and then nothing....

could always go and hang out with the kids at the o.p meet :p but i would feel dumb since i dont know any 1337 hax0r tricks for AOHell

Comment

Originally posted by Verruckt
            Yeah, and we work about a 100 ft from each other which is wild considering we both live on the other side of the f'ing city

I also looked at the kc 2600 meetings, but noone goes to b+n anymore it seems. they were all hot and heave for about a month and then nothing....

could always go and hang out with the kids at the o.p meet :p but i would feel dumb since i dont know any 1337 hax0r tricks for AOHell

shiet, we could go check the op'ers out. though i'd hate to deal with some johnson county hax0rs. haha, they might not all be to bad, i used to know some fewls that went out there. lets go check it out next month, if im off anyways i'll go.. oh wait, i just remembered the first friday of the month i'll be in vegas.. damn =]

if not, we can try to get something going around here again... i think maybe one of those places around the center might be cool, there's gotta be some cool place around to check out that sells b33r also =]
            -encieno
            www.mirage.org
            encieno@aim

Comment

im in :D drag your buds with ya, i dont know shit from anybody out this way... but im in nontheless :D

Comment

true dat

encieno... I had the same thing happen to me.
                No one was even their... the sad thing was that I actually contacted them to make sure that they would be.

later on some said they showed up 15 - 30 minutes late.. and everyone missed everyone.

I hear good things about o.p. mall... but i've never been to one.
                too bad kc2600 . com/org is probably still baught by them (even though they are NOT EVEN IN KANSAS CITY!). I hear that pissed the op members off 'kauze they live in KC Kansas and wanted the domain.
                Brandito

Comment

thats fucked. there's no reason at all why some fewls in indep. couldnt have it. overland park isnt kansas city either. either way, they should suck some cock if they were pissed about someone else registering a domain before them =]

maybe us three should take off over to the op sh0w next time around and see whats up. to this next friday though will be defcon friday so im assuming maybe in september?
                  btw: kc2600.* are no longer registered to anyone. i was about to snag one of them but figured fuck that. i might end up gettin one, not sure.
                  -encieno
                  www.mirage.org
                  encieno@aim

Comment

if its available, it means noone else has gotten off of their ass and registered it. So any right to bitching is /dev/null

fuck em. that op meet has been goin on for years and all i have ever heard is bout a band of A0Haxors... hopefully it has changed. since my DC plans went out the window with my layoff, i may just check it out... crossin my fingers

btw, there are 3 TL domains, and 3 of us, just for shits and grins we oughta snag em up huh? lol
                    Last edited by Verruckt; July 24, 2002, 22:54.

Comment

And who said the web was getting stagnant... for the peeps in KC, lookee what I found :D:D:D

http://www.athomeprd.com/~jimb/wardriving/

Be it outdated a bit, but I would imagine that that info is still valid, and then some.:D Waiting on my card and I will let ya'll know.:D

P.S. Fuck you KC bitches that got to go when I couldnt:p

Comment

Working...
                      X