Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First "human" computer virus

http://www.dailytech.com/Human+Carri...ticle18522.htm

Long story short, this guy has a subdermally implanted RFID chip containing malware that infects devices which attempt to read its ID.

That's... pretty absurd.
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

Re: First "human" computer virus

Originally posted by bascule View Post

Long story short, this guy has a subdermally implanted RFID chip containing malware that infects devices which attempt to read its ID.

That's... pretty absurd.
    Guess if he becomes lost, they will know where to take him

xor
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

When he can control the output of the RFID chip by thought ill buy that it's the first human computer hybrid, until then it's just a sub dermal implant with malware on it.
      Originally posted by Ellen
      Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

Comment

So does this guy plan on having the chip replaced with a new one when his malware is as effective as the Melissa macro is today? But more importantly, can I get one for my ATM card? All joking aside, I can give him that it's an innovative way to demo RFID risks, but in the long run, until RFID becomes even more of a staple, and it's relied upon by the masses as much as say mag stripes are today, RFID malware being read from your hand isn't much more than a conversation starter. Granted if what's being read from it happens to screw with contactless payment systems or access control, that's a bit of a dick move.
        "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

I don't get it. What was the point of implanting it? Couldn't he just carry it around....or was he making a joke at giving a computer virus to a human? lol Whats he gonna call it, digital swine flu? ....oh thats a good one! *coins a term*

I'm wondering how he plans on taking it to the next level and using this to expand our IQ's or increase our memory?

Comment

Originally posted by bascule View Post

That's... pretty absurd.
            As a proof of concept I thought it was pretty neat.

Comment

Hmm, I wonder if the device is RoHS compliant.

Remember that scene from Requiem for a dream?

Comment

Working...
              X