This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tamper Evident Research Thread

I am planning on using local resources that Ive mapped out for somethings, but the more I think about how to get around what you are devising, the more I think about how I would make it unopenable.

One question about reviewing it from a distance, can we have a Riv person review the box. To me a defcon attendee would automatically look for imperfections that a Riv employee or other would not. A UPS, Fedex, or Staples return clerk might totally miss a minor change in sealing..but I don't think a defcon attendee would.

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
    So is no one preparing, or is no one walking about their tools and what research they have done to prep?
    +++ Dallas +++

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
      I am planning on using local resources that Ive mapped out for somethings, but the more I think about how to get around what you are devising, the more I think about how I would make it unopenable.

One question about reviewing it from a distance, can we have a Riv person review the box. To me a defcon attendee would automatically look for imperfections that a Riv employee or other would not. A UPS, Fedex, or Staples return clerk might totally miss a minor change in sealing..but I don't think a defcon attendee would.
      Remember, this is the first year and it is not meant to be impossible. It is the 'round one' of commercial tamper stuff, all of which (Well, almost all) I have listed. I have plenty of great ideas for next year to mess with everyone once we cover the basics this year.
      PGP Key: https://defcon.org/html/links/dtangent.html

Comment

So perhaps a bit overkill, I am bringing a heat gun, in addition to tools that are already on the list (dental picks, coolant, tweezers, exacto knife, etc.)

And I have been researching the items you have listed, looking for designs and things like that to give me a better idea of how they do their job.

Comment

Working...
        X