X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nithe
    replied
    Re: prepaid 3g data plan

thx this was useful. Remind me i ow you a couple of beer if you see me..

Leave a comment:

• hexjunkie
    replied

any store will carry the sim cards. Look up any of the sim card carriers with a pay as you go plan.

AT&T
    T-Mobile

are the two larger GSM options. AT&T has decent reception at the hotel, but the 3G network is bogged down form all the iPhone users.

Leave a comment:

• Nithe
    replied

Originally posted by Xeon View Post
    If your phone uses a SIM card, T-Mobile offers a no-contract calling + texting + internet plan. You can get 500 minutes + unlimited text and web. They offer a SIM-only option, so you can just put the SIM card into your phone and be up and running. (This assumes that your phone will accept the SIM, which you will want to verify.)
    Sounds like what i'm after. I can use my old N900 as a modem.. now can u tell me where i can get it and what price, I'll consider buying u a beer or 2.

Leave a comment:

• hexjunkie
    replied

Originally posted by Xeon View Post
    If your phone uses a SIM card, T-Mobile offers a no-contract calling + texting + internet plan. You can get 500 minutes + unlimited text and web. They offer a SIM-only option, so you can just put the SIM card into your phone and be up and running. (This assumes that your phone will accept the SIM, which you will want to verify.)

Otherwise, you can get an AT&T Go Phone, but I didn't see that they had a SIM-only, so you'll be buying a phone, but you may be able to take the SIM card out. The data on this plan, however, is not unlimited as far as I could find.
    There will be wifi at the con, if that is what you want to use.

You can also invest in a cricket card, its what i use. Its not fast but it works and is 40dollars a month unlimited. The card will cost you around 100$ up front and you get a mail in rebate.

Unfortunately we don't offer the data/cell rental plans that the EU has :(

Leave a comment:

• Xeon
    replied

Otherwise, you can get an AT&T Go Phone, but I didn't see that they had a SIM-only, so you'll be buying a phone, but you may be able to take the SIM card out. The data on this plan, however, is not unlimited as far as I could find.

Leave a comment:

• Nithe
    started a topic prepaid 3g data plan

prepaid 3g data plan

Don't know if this is the right forum ..
    I'm coming over from Europe and need to be able to get online during my stay. I would be super happy if someone could tell me where i can find the cheapest prepaid data plan (unlimited) if it even exist? I'm arriving super early so I can't solely depend on the DC net.

- Nithe
Working...
X