Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does everyone just eat at the hotel during all of DEFCON?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dsc
    replied
    Re: Does everyone just eat at the hotel during all of DEFCON?

Slots of Fun---right across the street from the Riv---has footlong hotdogs for $1.50, (I think they used to be .99) If you're on a budget, $3.00 a day can go a long way! Not saying I encourage it...but I'm not saying I'm above it either.

Just sayin.

Leave a comment:

• Jarett
    replied

I'll tend to do 1 nice meal per trip. A steakhouse or something up the strip (monamigabi or sushi). I love Lotus of Siam off the strip best Thai ever.

Apart from that I bring metrx meal replacement bars and beef jerky and trail mix bags. Thats usually 1 meal a day.

Leave a comment:

• hexjunkie
    replied

If you have no care about your health or well being..

McDonalds Dollar Menu is right across the street.

If its between a nice meal or beer.. I'll pick McDonald's and Beer any day :)

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied

If you can catch it when the line isnt too long, the buffet isn't bad. Personally I just hit a grocery store at some point before things kick off and do a little shopping. Get the value size bag of cheese sticks, cereal, lunch meat, etc. Then again I've got dietary needs that have to be met and almost nothing at the Riv is on my 'things I can eat' list.

Leave a comment:

• Ne0nRa1n
    replied

Originally posted by abyssknight View Post
    How is the Riv buffet anyways? Never dared head up there last year. I think I ate Quiznos like everyday.
    I actually really have no idea what the buffet is like personally. I can only eat small meals at a time (although I eat lots of them), so the buffet has never really been worth it for me.

Leave a comment:

• abyssknight
    replied

Last year I hit the food court at the Riv pretty hard. I'll admit, I'm not a connoisseur of fine dishes so I got by. Granted, that expense came at a cost but I prepared for that (sort of).

This year I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Might hit up Toxic BBQ, parties, maybe even vendor shindigs if I can get invited. I know a few people hit the grocery store a few times throughout the con, but I don't know where you'd cook anything.

How is the Riv buffet anyways? Never dared head up there last year. I think I ate Quiznos like everyday.

Leave a comment:

• Does everyone just eat at the hotel during all of DEFCON?

Every year the price of eating restaurant food three times a day during the conference just kills me. Not to mention that the food at the Riv isn't really anything to get excited about in the first place.

How do you all survive? Do you just suck it up and eat at the Riv for the entire time of the conference? Do you just not eat at all and live off Red Bull instead? Is everyday another experience at the Peppermill?

As it is right now, I am pretty much just planning on living off of coffee and biscotti to try to keep within my budget.
Working...
X