X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChrisMPowell
    replied
    Re: Why my DEFCON is starting off awfully

Update... So they have physical badges this morning but they are going fast. Bummer is that they will not exchange the paper badges you got yesterday for physical ones this morning :-( Found out the hard way when I stood in line for over an hour this morning and the only way to get a physical was to buy a second badge. Moral of the story, next year if you miss Thursday’s AM registration, wait for Friday’s AM registration when they replenish the badge stock. Don't take a paper badge on the first day!!

Leave a comment:

• krma
    replied

i would trade places with you if i could, but I don't have a passport(long story) stuck, in a 3rd world west African country, I'm not making it to Defcon this year :(

someone might sell a badge or trade, you might be able to get a HHV kit, they just keep getting better!

good luck anyway, hell it is Vegas.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisMPowell
    replied

Originally posted by mrg9999 View Post
    Surely even you have some friends, although with your att, I'm not sure.
    get a friend/proxy to get you a badge.

Result: DEF18 - FAIL, try next year.

Someone told me they were going to have additional badges in the morning (Friday)? Is that not the case, they are completley out?

Leave a comment:

• mrg9999
    replied

Originally posted by autocracy View Post
    I'm in a plane right now. The plane I'm supposed to be on leaves 3 minutes after I finish this sentence. I wasn't initially intending to take a flight to DEFCON. I was going to do an 8,000 mile multi-stop motorcycle ride hitting both coasts and the majority of the Trans-Canada highway. My job cancelled that idea because the week leading up to DEFCON overlapped with somebody else's vacation.

So here I am on my airplane. The incoming flight was delayed by weather. The DEFCON badges are sold out and I'm not even in Las Vegas. Truly a shame because I really wanted to do some earnest badge hacking this year... maybe even go for a black badge win. I won't make my connecting flight and am paying for an empty hotel room. It looks very unlikely I'll get a Ninja badge since I can't even get a con badge. It's possible I won't be in Vegas for another 24+ hours unless somebody misses one of the 3 other overbooked flights earlier in the day.

So I don't get to ride my motorcycle to see all my friends along the way. I'm going to be sleeping in an airport tonight. I might miss a whole day worth of talks.... and I get no cool hardware to play with.

Oh, and work didn't need me for that week... there was no possible cause for having coverage "in case something broke" when the two of us are the only ones who ever use the something in question. Grr. Rant complete.

Surely even you have some friends, although with your att, I'm not sure.
    get a friend/proxy to get you a badge.

Result: DEF18 - FAIL, try next year.
    Last edited by mrg9999; July 29, 2010, 21:56. Reason: add

Leave a comment:

• autocracy
    started a topic Why my DEFCON is starting off awfully

Why my DEFCON is starting off awfully

I'm in a plane right now. The plane I'm supposed to be on leaves 3 minutes after I finish this sentence. I wasn't initially intending to take a flight to DEFCON. I was going to do an 8,000 mile multi-stop motorcycle ride hitting both coasts and the majority of the Trans-Canada highway. My job cancelled that idea because the week leading up to DEFCON overlapped with somebody else's vacation.

So here I am on my airplane. The incoming flight was delayed by weather. The DEFCON badges are sold out and I'm not even in Las Vegas. Truly a shame because I really wanted to do some earnest badge hacking this year... maybe even go for a black badge win. I won't make my connecting flight and am paying for an empty hotel room. It looks very unlikely I'll get a Ninja badge since I can't even get a con badge. It's possible I won't be in Vegas for another 24+ hours unless somebody misses one of the 3 other overbooked flights earlier in the day.

So I don't get to ride my motorcycle to see all my friends along the way. I'm going to be sleeping in an airport tonight. I might miss a whole day worth of talks.... and I get no cool hardware to play with.

Oh, and work didn't need me for that week... there was no possible cause for having coverage "in case something broke" when the two of us are the only ones who ever use the something in question. Grr. Rant complete.
Working...
X