a little bit of DEFCON history... very young Russ and Romer at DC10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little bit of DEFCON history... very young Russ and Romer at DC10

Heh, i've been going through all of my old photos and whatnot since i'm migrating everything to Gallery instead of manually creating thumbnails and such for all my images on my site. in the process, i found really old video from certain cons. One clip features Russ and Roamer from ages ago, announcing the winners of the "slogan contest"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48n9-7LuF6A

i don't even know if that contest runs anymore, does it? ah, history. remember the days of the Alexis Park and the huge tents on the roof and in the side parking lot? we've come quite a long way, no?

still, i miss things like the drunken pool parties a great deal. hopefully that sort of fun will return when we make the move to the Rio.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: a little bit of DEFCON history... very young Russ and Romer at DC10

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    Heh, i've been going through all of my old photos and whatnot since i'm migrating everything to Gallery instead of manually creating thumbnails and such for all my images on my site. in the process, i found really old video from certain cons. One clip features Russ and Roamer from ages ago, announcing the winners of the "slogan contest"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48n9-7LuF6A

i don't even know if that contest runs anymore, does it? ah, history. remember the days of the Alexis Park and the huge tents on the roof and in the side parking lot? we've come quite a long way, no?

still, i miss things like the drunken pool parties a great deal. hopefully that sort of fun will return when we make the move to the Rio.
    Holy fuck i was skinny as shit back then. I should do two things for next year.
    1. Eat less
    2. Start the slogan contest back up
    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Working...
    X