Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcing PreDefcon party (tues-thurs, AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kallahar
    replied
    Re: Announcing PreDefcon party (tues-thurs, AP)

Predefcon went great! Tuesday was nice and quiet, security came by a few times and asked us nicely to not have glass in the pool area. Pool 2 was closed due to it being a pit of nastyness so we stole their chairs for pool 3. Wednesday was even bigger, I had to leave at about 1:30am but from what I hear we didn't get in trouble once! Was anyone there thursday or during defcon?

Kallahar

Leave a comment:

• badrobot
    replied

What time ??? On thusday?

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied

I'll be there.. can't wait! Glad you guys put this together since the Toxic BBQ is kaput this year, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied

And be sure to bring the absinthe, Ive been wanting to add it to my bug spray....also if anyone has some moonshine..that would be nice.

Booked room for 2 nights, they said there is a Biker convention in the area and they are filling up..

Anyone have a golf cart for travel between BH parties and this?

Originally posted by kallahar View Post
    If you have problems getting past fences/gates, or if you plan on following all the rules, defcon may not be for you.

If, on the other hand, you do what you want, when you want, and damn the consequences... welcome!

Kallahar

Leave a comment:

• kallahar
    replied

If you have problems getting past fences/gates, or if you plan on following all the rules, defcon may not be for you.

If, on the other hand, you do what you want, when you want, and damn the consequences... welcome!

Kallahar

Leave a comment:

• HighWiz
    replied

Originally posted by Chris View Post
    And the sign says, "Anybody caught trespassing will be shot on sight"
    So I jumped the fence and I yelled at the house
    Eh, what gives you the right?
    To put up a fence and keep me out or to keep mother nature in
    If God was here He'd tell it to your face, man you're some kind of sinner
    Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs
    Fuckin' up the scenery, breakin my mind
    Do this, Don't do that, can't you read the sign

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

Originally posted by astcell View Post
    And I thought only California was stupid enough to fence pools.
    And the sign says, "Anybody caught trespassing will be shot on sight"
    So I jumped the fence and I yelled at the house
    Eh, what gives you the right?
    To put up a fence and keep me out or to keep mother nature in
    If God was here He'd tell it to your face, man you're some kind of sinner

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

And I thought only California was stupid enough to fence pools.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

Interesting. The Riv fenced-in their pool, too. I wonder if it was part of a city ordinance, a cost saving with insurance, liability because of recent case law, or just a coincidence?

Leave a comment:

• RCon
    replied

I recently stayed at the AP for a convention. And a few questions came to mind.

The pools are fenced in and require a keycard for entry. Will we have a buddy system, or a gate guard type thing going on so that people who didn’t bother reserving a room can still get in?

Secondly pool three closes at 10:PM. Any plans for a Pre Defcon Party, afterparty or will we be doing room parties? I’m trying to decide if I need to store extra booze in my room at the AP, or if I should just leave it at the Rio. In any event I’ll be bringing share booze for the pool party.

Thanks,
    -rCON

Leave a comment:

• yowie
    replied

Great thing! I arrive Wednesday 11PM, when does the party start? It will be my first DefCon and looking forward to socialize from the very beginning (I know, I will bring extra booze :) ).

I made my reservation in another hotel, I hope that is still ok? Do I just get in and go straight to the pool? Anything else I need to know about the party? Dress code, etc. ;)

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• theabcasian
    replied

Originally posted by kallahar View Post
    Oh! Hopefully it's not too late, but PLEASE get rooms at the AP. For one thing it makes it harder to kick you out if you're a paying guest, and the other is that we GIVE THEM MONEY which hopefully will make them nicer to the group as a whole.

Also, it's cheap.

Kallahar
    speaking of having a room im coming out Wed night and was hoping to hang out for a few hours dont plan on sleeping much (sleeping on ride) should I ask somebody to spare a floor should I fall down between arrival and departure for the shoot/gathering badge line the next morning?

Leave a comment:

• kallahar
    replied

Oh! Hopefully it's not too late, but PLEASE get rooms at the AP. For one thing it makes it harder to kick you out if you're a paying guest, and the other is that we GIVE THEM MONEY which hopefully will make them nicer to the group as a whole.

Also, it's cheap.

Kallahar

Leave a comment:

• theabcasian
    replied

hey flea, f' it im going to poke the bear, dude you can have the bells anywhere you want just as long as they stay very far from any part of my body. :D

Leave a comment:

• eris
    replied

Originally posted by FourHundredKilo View Post
    Note to self: Bring absinthe (if legal).
    Absinthe has been legal for quite some time in the U.S. now although in limited types depending on thujone levels(this is the extract chemical from wormwood distillation)

If you are wondering if you can bring with you from OUTSIDE the U.S. visit the Customs page.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X