DEF CON 19 Vendors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DEF CON 19 Vendors

Make Magazine is a great hands on magazine, and they have some pretty awesome kits/supplies. Unfortunately I only read the magazine and don't have any non-public contact info.

Comment

Hi--

I agree with HighWiz and Eris on the recruiter opinion. Maybe save that for BH.

ThinkGeek or anything like that would be awesome. WANT TOYS!

A silent auction for EFF would be really cool - but totally unrelated to vendor.

Does anyone have any ideas for an interactive vending idea?
      Like-- maybe if Make got a booth and maybe had some kits or something and you could create something at their booth? (I really have no exact idea- but something that would allow more interaction between con participants/I know, read:hardware village, but in a vendor setting.)

I'm still a little partial to a DJ/Producer booth to buy tunes at, but that hasn't worked in the past...so, um yeah.
      ======================================
      DJ Jackalope
      dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
      ======================================

Comment

You know how you go to the beach and there are babes handing out Red Bull cans as samples? Why don't they ever show at Defcon?

Comment

URL1=url1

Would-be vendor (author) vacillates over staffing a vendor table at Defcon, and comments on the process. Nothing bad, just thoughts and justification for going and costs involved and what they have done and plan to do to save money when traveling to places like Defcon.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
            URL1=url1

Would-be vendor (author) vacillates over staffing a vendor table at Defcon, and comments on the process. Nothing bad, just thoughts and justification for going and costs involved and what they have done and plan to do to save money when traveling to places like Defcon.
            Interesting article. It's kind of funny because I was unsure of him as a vendor too. I wasn't sure how the whole self published fiction thing would go over. I decided to give him a go. I actually like him as a vendor and am hoping he comes back this year (from my initial conversations with him, I think he is). I like the concept of a dude writing a book printing it up and selling it. Good to know that he actually made money last year too.
            perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Just sent in my application for a table & hope to join you again. Wondering if I might give a talk too? Need to do some more research, & maybe it's too late.

Biggest disappoint of being a vendor, of course, is that you don't get to go to any of the talks or events.

I didn't go to any parties either, because I hardly knew anybody, and was too tired anyway. This year I'll try to get to some of the legendary defcon parties.

Comment

John, CFP is still open. These two links will help.
                http://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-19...-cfp-form.html
                http://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-19/dc-19-cfp.html
                "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
                  Hi--

Working on it.

Does anyone have any ideas for an interactive vending idea? [/B] Like-- maybe if Make got a booth and maybe had some kits or something and you could create something at their booth? (I really have no exact idea- but something that would allow more interaction between con participants/I know, read:hardware village, but in a vendor setting.)
                  I really like this idea. Any ideas on who to contact to make it happen?

I'm still a little partial to a DJ/Producer booth to buy tunes at, but that hasn't worked in the past...so, um yeah.
                  I'd like to see this happen too. If *I* were you guys I'd push Great Scott to lobby DT to give you a free table in Vendor area to sell your stuff from. It would be on you guys to determine how you wanted to staff the table and whether or not you'd sell each other's stuff or whatever. Maybe it's too big of a logistical nightmare and you're just better off selling at the Ball before/after your sets? I really don't know but I'd love to help you guys out on this if there is any way to do so. Let me know.
                  perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Hi--

Keep in mind that if TG isn't an actual vendor this year, they ARE a second year prize sponsor for the Scavenger Hunt and this year they are providing a discount on all items purchased online DURING Con. The special discount code, along with catalogs, will be available to EVERYONE at Con. Stop by our contest table to pick up a catalog or follow us on Twitter to receive the discount code announcement. It will also be retweeted by @Defcon.
                    "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

Thanks. Thinking. . . jrs

Originally posted by eris View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Xeon View Post
                        Another vendor idea: Sparkfun (http://www.sparkfun.com/)

Null Space Labs will be in the vendor area, and as of today we are an official SparkFun distributor.
                        So along with our own crazy electronic bits we will carry a selection of SFE stuff.
                        If there are any particular SparkFun items you think we should carry let me know.

Cheers,

-M

PS We will also be in the HHV teaching SMD soldering/rework. We will bring along all the required equipment... reflow plates, microscopes, soldering irons, hot air etc... at least 1 or 2 doz stations depending on space.

Comment

And we will have the HHV kits again this year also. They will be for sale in both the Vendor area and the Defcon Swag booth.

And we have a new HHV logo!

Comment

They did many moons ago at the AP, I saw them near pool 1. I think the stock lasted about 1.5 seconds.

Originally posted by astcell View Post
                            You know how you go to the beach and there are babes handing out Red Bull cans as samples? Why don't they ever show at Defcon?
                            mage2atbleedingwounddotcom
                            KeyID 3B535825D9402365
                            FingerPrint C2AA E142 8826 BAE3 9C2B AA0C 3B53 5825 D940 2365

Comment

Working...
                            X