Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not as crazy at it sounds

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Not as crazy at it sounds

    i want to go! i don't ever bike but i run a lot. it would be a nice change :D

    and a good opportunity to see more of vegas.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Not as crazy at it sounds

      Guess I need to get off the couch :) I'm all for it 20~25 miles out here should be easy even for people out of shape. As long as the wind inst that bad nothing like taking a mountain bike trying to keep up with them road bikers...Bring It...
      Social Engineering sucks that damn homeless person on the corner makes more then me... Why can't I learn to smell funny and ask for money?

      Comment


      • #18
        Signup form

        Please fill out this form so we can gather some data regarding your ability, shirt/bike size, how interested you are -- and a way to get ahold of you as things come together.

        https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...dTdla09fWmc6MQ

        Thanks!

        Oh -- and our shiny new twitter account is: @defconbikeride

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Not as crazy at it sounds

          Are we okay to bring our own pedals?

          I thought about bringing a saddle as well but for 20 - 25 miles, I can rough it.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Not as crazy at it sounds

            I've got a lot of jerseys in various cuts by different manufacturers and the only thing they have in common is that the sizes are all over the map.

            Any idea what the cut on the proposed jersey will be (e.g., European, racer, recreational) or who the manufacturer will be?

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Not as crazy at it sounds

              I was just talking to a friend about gym stuff so I could keep riding whilst in Vegas.. then I see this :) Awesome idea. I'll be racing 3 weeks after Defcon so this is one that will be done 'calmly' ref alcohol etc. and the idea of spinning in Vegas, oh yes :)

              I'd have a full road geometry set of figures available, I'd bring saddle and pedals and shoes..
              .. or I'd just have a Brompton with me. ;)

              I also write (sometimes) for a little bike site (http://www.bikehugger.com) so I could er, cover this perhaps ;)
              //alien
              DC4420

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Not as crazy at it sounds

                on another note, hmmm Rio to the bike hire place - if we're all in the Rio could they come to us? :)
                //alien
                DC4420

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Not as crazy at it sounds

                  Originally posted by txb View Post
                  Are we okay to bring our own pedals?

                  I thought about bringing a saddle as well but for 20 - 25 miles, I can rough it.
                  I'll get back to you about the pedals -- but i bet it may be ok -- it's on my list of stuff to ask the bike shop.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Not as crazy at it sounds

                    Originally posted by alien8 View Post
                    on another note, hmmm Rio to the bike hire place - if we're all in the Rio could they come to us? :)
                    That is an option -- the only problem with that approach is you need to get and test a bike -- and if they bring the bikes to us we may have issues getting everyone on a decent bike and just getting on the road.

                    There is Potential to rent a shuttle bus or limo or something to get everyone to the bike shop.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Not as crazy at it sounds

                      Originally posted by punkrokk View Post
                      That is an option -- the only problem with that approach is you need to get and test a bike -- and if they bring the bikes to us we may have issues getting everyone on a decent bike and just getting on the road.

                      There is Potential to rent a shuttle bus or limo or something to get everyone to the bike shop.
                      the former I understand. yes, good point.

                      the latter I like. wake up (hah, jetlag tastic), dress, mix drink, gulp energy bar, down to reception crawl into shuttle.

                      yes.
                      //alien
                      DC4420

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Not as crazy at it sounds

                        i need to purchase a camelbak for this.

                        it might be filled with whiskey sour.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Not as crazy at it sounds

                          So leaving from the Rio at 5:30 am, any specific start time for the ride itself?
                          I'm staying off site, so I figure I can just drive direct to the bike store with my bike in the car.

                          Rhenium

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Not as crazy at it sounds

                            Originally posted by Rhenium View Post
                            So leaving from the Rio at 5:30 am, any specific start time for the ride itself?
                            I'm staying off site, so I figure I can just drive direct to the bike store with my bike in the car.

                            Rhenium
                            We are meeting at McGhies at 6pm and should be on the road by 6:15-6:30.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X