• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HighWiz
    replied
    Re: Want to speak at DefCon 101?

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
    As a forum leader/organizer for this forum, I think you have controls to prune posts from a thread like this, so you can remove the pot you replied to, your post, and my post, and push them all to a new thread.
    Yes, but I opted to close it as there was no reason to have it left open. Our speakers are all confirmed now. Thanks though.

As for his posting... I have no issues with promoting any contest or event at DefCon 101. That's the purpose. But going down the path of actually trying to get members for individual teams and such is not something I want to do as it will create more issues than it would solve.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
    No, but you can totally post in the Tamper Evident Contest thread or perhaps in the community talk thread... Had you PM'd me, I probably would have said yes... But this is spam, as far as I'm concerned.
    As a forum leader/organizer for this forum, I think you have controls to prune posts from a thread like this, so you can remove the pot you replied to, your post, and my post, and push them all to a new thread.
    Last edited by TheCotMan; July 7, 2011, 04:34.

Leave a comment:

• HighWiz
    replied

Originally posted by DiscipleOfJude View Post
    So my team for DT's Tamper Evident Contest has a free spot. We were hoping to get someone new to DC to fill the spot, once we got there. Is there a way to get a small plug for our team at DC101 to find anyone interested?
    No, but you can totally post in the Tamper Evident Contest thread or perhaps in the community talk thread... Had you PM'd me, I probably would have said yes... But this is spam, as far as I'm concerned.

Leave a comment:

• DiscipleOfJude
    replied

So my team for DT's Tamper Evident Contest has a free spot. We were hoping to get someone new to DC to fill the spot, once we got there. Is there a way to get a small plug for our team at DC101 to find anyone interested?

Leave a comment:

• HighWiz
    replied

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
    Is there a genre or specific topic that you are lacking and need to be covered for 101?
    Yes & No and Yes.

Yes, there are topics that would give people a greater shot at being selected.

No, I'm not going to list them.

Yes, I'm being intentionally vague as it's up to the specific person to email me about and convince me why they should speak on subject matter X. Why that subject matter is important and more so, that they are the right person to speak about it.

For those curious about my email address. If you're really serious about speaking at 101, and you've done your research, finding my email address should be really really easy.
    Last edited by HighWiz; May 26, 2011, 18:04. Reason: Add a note about email

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
    I can probably accept one (1) more speaker at DefCon 101. So if you think that person should be you.. Email me*, and convince me.
    Is there a genre or specific topic that you are lacking and need to be covered for 101?

Leave a comment:

• HighWiz
    started a topic Want to speak at DefCon 101?

Want to speak at DefCon 101?

I can probably accept one (1) more speaker at DefCon 101. So if you think that person should be you.. Email me*, and convince me.

*being able to follow directions will go a long way in being able to convince me.
    If you send me a PM, instead of an email (like I asked for) it automatically disqualifies you.
    Follow directions
    Last edited by HighWiz; May 26, 2011, 18:01.
Working...
X