• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas
    replied
    Re: Supplies?

Would add 2 more notes..

(1) There is a Frys electronics store locally who can provide 90% of what you need if you have a way to get there.

(2) Dont forget while heat works well - sometimes freezing is equally as effective and less prone to issues. So pack your freeze ray..

Originally posted by GreyFox View Post
    The problem with using solvents and syringes is that whatever is dissolved by the solvent has to be replaced. This makes a high level defeat very difficult because under forensic investigation of the seal, different adhesives can be detected. Most adhesives will weaken under moderate heat, and still stay intact. So why not use an iron? //probably one of the most useful tools for the MacGyver class...

Leave a comment:

• GreyFox
    replied

The problem with using solvents and syringes is that whatever is dissolved by the solvent has to be replaced. This makes a high level defeat very difficult because under forensic investigation of the seal, different adhesives can be detected. Most adhesives will weaken under moderate heat, and still stay intact. So why not use an iron? //probably one of the most useful tools for the MacGyver class...

Leave a comment:

• Whiteb0rd
    replied

Originally posted by DiscipleOfJude View Post
    Also, does anyone know of a place (actual store or online) to get syringes from?

Any local farm supply store will stock syringes and needles in various sizes. They typically have both the one-time use (plastic) crap, as well as heavy duty reusable stuff intended for re-sterilization and bulk inoculations of livestock.

Or, just pull one out of a scene whore junkie....

WB

Leave a comment:

• GreyFox
    replied

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spb5_dKcV4Q

//shop's a mess... Meh.

Leave a comment:

• ButterSnatcher
    replied

I saw somewhere but i can't find the thread. If people were looking for small quantities of security tags and tape to practice with this site i found allows you to order small qualities
    http://www.securityseals.com/product...idCategory=238
    Last edited by ButterSnatcher; July 24, 2011, 17:01. Reason: dictionary needed

Leave a comment:

• el_mariachi
    replied

Originally posted by Nocturnhabeo View Post
    You can check at your local needle exchange they might have some there for sale or something assuming that you have a local needle exchange
    You can find anything on Ebay.
    They even have 25 and 27 gauge, which I'd think would do the job.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnhabeo
    replied

You can check at your local needle exchange they might have some there for sale or something assuming that you have a local needle exchange

Leave a comment:

• valanx
    replied

Pretty sure you can find a syringe in Vegas. You may need to pull it out of someone, but you can find them.

Leave a comment:

• geblsd
    replied

We got some good ones from amazon. I think you have to say you have diabetes or something. But there was no verification of that. If anyone asks my cat does.

Also, does anyone know of a place (actual store or online) to get syringes from? Not the little plastic nozzle ones, I mean ones with actual needles.

Leave a comment:

• DiscipleOfJude
    replied

As promised, I'll start this off...

* exacto knife set
    * dental picks
    * soldering tools
    * mini file set
    * small plyers (x2)
    * wood/clay carving tools
    * magnifying tools
    * various little wire pieces (sewing tools)
    * various sewing needles of fairly large size
    * flashlight

Not sure what kinds of solvents to get/use...

So, last year a similar thread was started. However, after having one contest and a year of prep for it, I think it would be fun to start it again.

What do people have in their kits now?

I will post mine in a bit, when I actually go through it to figure out everything I have.

Also, does anyone know of a place (actual store or online) to get syringes from? Not the little plastic nozzle ones, I mean ones with actual needles.

Leave a comment:

• DiscipleOfJude
    started a topic Supplies?

Supplies?

So, last year a similar thread was started. However, after having one contest and a year of prep for it, I think it would be fun to start it again.

What do people have in their kits now?

I will post mine in a bit, when I actually go through it to figure out everything I have.

Working...
X