• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackwave
    replied
    Originally posted by c0nv3r9
    i have a few ideas...
    Hmmm rot13 them.. they will never figure it out. ;)

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Mmmm, telco boxes...now THAT would be fun to pick!

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    i have a few ideas... posting them would be foolish

there is fun to be had

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Haha, reminds me of when the phone company fucked up the lines and put one of my neighbors across the street and tied it into my line... anyhow I could hear their convo's but they couldn't here me... until i grounded one of my lines... i kept calling the operators and letting them know i could hear this lady calling her banks and giving out info.. and no matter what I said they never fixed it... so one day I dropped the line and started chatting with the lady... she freaked out, and hung up.

so what I did was have the phone call itself back.. so it rung and she answered it, i told her that it was her phone calling her back and that i prefer to remain anon and at the same time get this issue fixed.. so I called out on her line and called the operator and explaind that i was calling her via the other person's line that was tied into mine... and she checked the number.. but then wanted to know my number and my location.. I told her she should know.. and she said all she was was this ladies number...
    she theorized that either the telco tech crossed a line, or some moisture was causing this short on a broken line somewhere...

after the call the problem got worse.. now i started getting the other person's rings.. it would ring , i would pick it up and say hello, and they wouldn't say anything, but i would hear it ringing.. and the person breathing on the other side... and then i would hear it pick up... and those two wouldl start talking.. i was in this strange monitor mode... so i would drop the line by grounding it again.. and then be able to talk to them... it was getting so annoying and so often that the lady would tell whoever was on the line not to mind me because the phone company couldn't fix their issues... HOW LAME IS THAT!...

anyway the issue was resolved after one night some drunk bastard hit the switch box on the street... of course those telco bitches had to rewire the box by hand...

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Reminds me of my wife making crank calls saying "Is Melissa there? We were supposed to have phone sex!" SOme folks would talk with her for 10 minutes, others would be disgusted and hang up. Tons of bad numbers and no answers. We never knew it was so hard to try lesbian phone sex, but you learn something every day!

Leave a comment:

• Fused
    replied
    warning warning

what ever u do dont call that number they have caller ID and there mean as hell if u tell them u have the wrong number and they ask u all this stuff. i asked them if they were goin to be my friends. the lady said sir we cant be friends so i acted like we were goin out for a long time and she freaked out here is what happened.

Fused (F) thats me
    OP (P) chic on fone

F: hello
    O: hello how can we help you today
    F: sorry i have the wrong number
    O: ok
    F: WAIT!
    O: yes
    F: dont i know you
    O: no sir i dont think you do
    F: you sound like a person i know
    O: well i dont know u
    O: who is this
    F: Jim Rashome LOL
    O: no i dont know u
    F: ok i just remembered my friend sounding like you, we went out for a long time. she broke up with me to go out with a body builder.
    O: hmm sir
    O: i must go now
    F: wait DOnt you love me
    O: hangs up

I dont think they love me.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Well call the 800 number, ask for the memo for this year, maybe there is one and that is how to get it.

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    I thought it sounded more like an se activity that would occur at dc, but then again, I've never really cared much about h2k2 and such

Leave a comment:

• Grifter
    replied
    Link

Here's the link to the memo.

http://www.defcon.org/TEXT/6/att-dc-6-alert.txt

Leave a comment:

• Grifter
    replied
    Lame

Whoever the anonymous person is that submitted that to slashdot just copied and pasted a memo that was submitted about Defcon 6. I saw this years ago. It is lame that whoever it is decided to try and get exposure for H2K2 with something written about Defcon.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Call their 1-800 number and tell them that you will hack into the system and erase late charges for 50 users at random nationwide. You will fid overdue accounts for people not likely to call in and ask where they credit came from, so they will never ever fins those whom you rescued.

Imagine the backup job they will begin!

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    Good point. Maybe we need to issue a countermemo.
    Don't give me any ideas... ;)

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Good point. Maybe we need to issue a countermemo.

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Originally posted by c0nv3r9
    To me that just looks like a challenge to exploit the use of the hotline... then again, maybe that's just me...
    Funny how most security memo's are written as if the people they are writing about are never going to read it...

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Try to find out the normal number atached to that 800 number, normally there is one. Then sign them up with MCI or Sprint.
    :D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X