Database up and running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Database up and running

as of tonight, move() doesn't seem to want to set a direction, nor deduct fuel.

select current_tic from current_stats;

select fuel_reserve from my_player

select move(199,5000,174,null,null);
    t

[no errors]
    [wait a minute or two]

select current_tic from current_stats;

select fuel_reserve from my_player

select id,speed,direction from my_ships where id = 199
    199, 5000, 0

---

directly updating seems to not work at all.
    update my_ships set speed=4000, direction=174 where id=199;
    [no response]

199, 5000, 174

[after a minute or so]
    199, 5000, 0
    Last edited by YenTheFirst; July 30, 2011, 20:26.
    It's not stupid, it's advanced.

Comment

actually, I think in both cases, I was confused about player reserve fuel and ship fuel. ignore the problems with fuel being deducted.

Although, I managed to get one of my ships into a negative fuel state. not sure how.

after refueling, I still can't set a direction.
      Last edited by YenTheFirst; July 30, 2011, 20:47.

Comment

Originally posted by YenTheFirst View Post
        actually, I think in both cases, I was confused about player reserve fuel and ship fuel. ignore the problems with fuel being deducted.

Although, I managed to get one of my ships into a negative fuel state. not sure how.

after refueling, I still can't set a direction.
        Ya, a ship has its own fuel, which you need to refuel from your players fuel_reserve. Once a ship has fuel it cannot go back to the reserve.

I have also tried to fix the update speed issue (where no fuel used) and have decided against fixing this properly for the time being. Since it is going to take me longer than I anticipated to finish and test I have removed the ability to update speed and direction directly with an UPDATE. You now must use MOVE() to alter the speed and direction.

Thanks for pointing out that resource conversion bug too. It should be resolves as well now.

Has anybody come across anything else they wish to share? I went through and fixed a bunch of areas where an SQL injection was completely possible but I would love some more last minute testing to confirm I found the obvious ones at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Abstrct View Post
          I have also tried to fix the update speed issue (where no fuel used) and have decided against fixing this properly for the time being. Since it is going to take me longer than I anticipated to finish and test I have removed the ability to update speed and direction directly with an UPDATE. You now must use MOVE() to alter the speed and direction.
          that's actually a bit annoying, as it means that the effective max speed of a ship is 2500 instead of 5000, as move() wants there to be enough fuel to stop.

It's also quite a bit less fuel efficient in certain instances.

Comment

Originally posted by YenTheFirst View Post
            that's actually a bit annoying, as it means that the effective max speed of a ship is 2500 instead of 5000, as move() wants there to be enough fuel to stop.

It's also quite a bit less fuel efficient in certain instances.

Ya, I realize it can be annoying. For DC I have changed the max fuel of a ship to 16000 and max speed is 5000. That should help things out.

Anyways, I have to be up for a flight in 3 hours for some reason.

See you at DEFCON :D
            -Abstrct

Comment

Working...
            X