X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheWatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    Thanks for the link. I'll have a notebook with me at the con to copy down all these great links!
    I'll see you there man.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Thanks for the link. I'll have a notebook with me at the con to copy down all these great links!

Leave a comment:

• TheWatcher
    replied
    Damn, Netstumbler does not suppot my Cisco card. WTF?!
    astcell,
    for other option, visit wardriving.info ... http://www.airsnort.info/live/module...rder=0&thold=0

cheers and see at defcon X...

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Of course not.. there are long stories about this on the NetStumbler board... anyway NetStumbler only supports Hermes chipset cards such as the Lucent ORiNOCO Gold/Silver, Avaya, TrueMobile 1150, and all the other ORiNOCO rebadges you can find... currently with version 0.3.23 (net and mini) Prism vX users are SOL... so pretty much anything you find on a retail shelf, including Cisco's, USR2410's, ActionTec's are going to be Prism based, and at the mercy of using a non Windows alternative to NetStumbler, such as Kismet..

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    There has been an issue where the cpp program I wrote is failing in the middle of conversion. If the program runs, then everything is fine. The conversion will have worked without issue. If it appears to take forever, longer than 30 mins win, longer than 3 mins linux, then it probably has the same issue and will not finish converting the kismet files.

I have run out of time to work on it before the con, and am unsure if the problem will be resolved by anyone reviewing the code. I would suggest reverting to either of Medic's scripts if you have any trouble with mine...

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Medic...
    If you are still around...send it to me and I will put it up on the web page.

Leave a comment:

• Medic
    replied
    I've finished the kismet to wiscan script in perl. It yields the same results as the vbscript I wrote earlier, but works under linux. This is my first attempt at perl. The logic is the same as the previous script, only the language has changed.

I have no place to host it at the con, so catch me if you need a copy.

--Medic

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Be Sure to check out the converters and the scoring script posted on the WarDriving Contest URL:
    http://www.securitytribe.com/wardrive.html

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    found on iwon
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• TheWatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Medic
    I've had this done for a couple of days, but was waiting on Pete Shipley to send me his judging script. (Thanks Pete.)

I've finished the kismet to wi-scan script. Its written in vbscript, but it works. Its importable into netstumbler, and from there it can be exported to any other format (.NS1, wi-scan, wi-scan summary, text). The SNR graphs are preserved and viewable in netstumbler as well.

It requires a CWGD file (generated by kismet2cwgd), and the Kismet CSV file. Kismet does not report some of the fields used in the wi-scan FLAGS field (CF Pollable, CF-Poll Request, etc..), so obviously they can't be determined for the wi-scan format.

Its downloadable at http://www.shsu.edu/~stdtim12/convert.zip. The zip file contains a kismet cwgd and csv file if you want to test it.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to e-mail me at the address in the script...

Chris, thanks for you patience. :)

--Medic
    This is nice work. I will try it today...

Leave a comment:

• Medic
    replied
    I've had this done for a couple of days, but was waiting on Pete Shipley to send me his judging script. (Thanks Pete.)

I've finished the kismet to wi-scan script. Its written in vbscript, but it works. Its importable into netstumbler, and from there it can be exported to any other format (.NS1, wi-scan, wi-scan summary, text). The SNR graphs are preserved and viewable in netstumbler as well.

It requires a CWGD file (generated by kismet2cwgd), and the Kismet CSV file. Kismet does not report some of the fields used in the wi-scan FLAGS field (CF Pollable, CF-Poll Request, etc..), so obviously they can't be determined for the wi-scan format.

Its downloadable at http://www.shsu.edu/~stdtim12/convert.zip. The zip file contains a kismet cwgd and csv file if you want to test it.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to e-mail me at the address in the script...

Chris, thanks for you patience. :)

--Medic

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Ok kismet users. I am gonna post this here, in the announcements section of this forums, in the netstumbler forum, the kismet forum. and on the contest announcement page.

Anyone who wants a copy of the judging script can email shipley@dis.org and he will send you the source.

That way you can check what is needed in order to be counted and also if you write your own script you know what you need.

---Chris

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied
    In Chris's defense, keep in mind that these goons are volunteering their time and effort to make all this happen. The rules were discussed earlier on, regardless of who was around the board at that time, and something fair and reasonable was decided on to be the standard for judging purposes. Keep in mind that the format is only necessary if the driving you do is destined for the contest.

The program you use is whatever you want, not a dictated closed software prog that happens to be pretty popular; but in some way or fashion, the only requirement is that the format of your output be in the wi-scan standard. Yes, kismet is nice, but if you can't find a means to get it into that format, it doesn't cut it. Not close to that format, or almost wi-scan... but 100% there so that the wi-scan judging script they write can read it.

At any rate, a week before the event hits is a little late to debate specifics. The rules are there, they are set; all that has to occur is attendance, and... what was that thing... FUN?
    Last edited by converge; July 22, 2002, 16:13.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    We have already submitted data to Pete from the script. I will let this forum know when/if we get an answer from him. You are certainly NOT getting the finger. I would love for everyone to be able to participate in the contest.

Because of the number of contestants we expect, the judging HAD to be automated. In order to do that we had to have some consistency in the input data to the script or it would have been completely impossible to deal with.

Unfortunately, we were dealing with time constraints and a relatively small audience for viewing the initial planning. There were probably only 400 or so registered users on this forum at the time.

In retrospect, it would have been a good idea to post on the Netstumber and Kismet forums as well. That said, this is the defcon forum. And that is who our core participants were going to be. So we posted here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X