X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackwave
    replied
    Originally posted by astcell
    I just don't want goons, speakers or other folks with cameras screaming at me.
    haha, I will make sure I have my video camera to video tape that... ;)

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Well no one is stopping me because I have not tried it. I just don't want goons, speakers or other folks with cameras screaming at me. I guess I'm just sensitive that way.

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Streaming media is fine except I am limited by the person doing the video, if I did my own I could edit at will, zoom where I want, and make my own verbal notes about the speaches.
    What is stopping you from doing this now? Is it required one be a member of the press to carry a camera around? I just know a lot of people don't like being filmed, and usually at the beginning everyone is reminded not to do mass filming.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Streaming media is fine except I am limited by the person doing the video, if I did my own I could edit at will, zoom where I want, and make my own verbal notes about the speaches.

Leave a comment:

• zero
    replied
    Re: streams

Originally posted by TechnoWeenie

there WILL be live streaming to the net...provided by Defcon
    tw
    Audio or a/v? Realmedia? (remembering to load strambox before I go....)

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Re: streams

Originally posted by TechnoWeenie
    Will this streaming also be available on 802.11b, or 802.11a? :)

Leave a comment:

• TechnoWeenie
    replied
    streams

Originally posted by dataworm

Just bring a VHS and tape it from your room :))) Or even better bring a computer with a TV tuner and broadcast the even on the internet :)))) Of course that just a few idea...

tw

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied

Just bring a VHS and tape it from your room :)))
    I think the AP hardware locks their connections... I think I have fiddled in the back of their tv sets out of curiosity when thinking about putting two of them side by side so I could watch two channels at the same time... :/

Leave a comment:

• dataworm
    replied
    Can we bring our own camcorders into the speaches if the tapes are for our own use? Or does the guy who sells tapes have a monopoly?
    Just bring a VHS and tape it from your room :))) Or even better bring a computer with a TV tuner and broadcast the even on the internet :)))) Of course that just a few idea...

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    Can we bring our own camcorders into the speaches if the tapes are for our own use? Or does the guy who sells tapes have a monopoly?

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied

Next year... You'll be able to stay at your house and watch Defcon on TV or from the Internet(if you don't have a TV) ;)
    mmmmmm.... DC on I2

Leave a comment:

• dataworm
    replied
    Originally posted by c0nv3r9
    hell, that could be a whole lot more comfortable than crampin in those chairs in the first place.... not to mention your full rig nearby, snacks,... hmm....
    Next year... You'll be able to stay at your house and watch Defcon on TV or from the Internet(if you don't have a TV) ;)

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Or scary.
    That is the one I would be voting for.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied
    You can always posta sign on one of the event doors saying "Clothing Not Allowed In This Speaking Engagement. Please Leave Clothing By The Door." It could be interesting. Or scary.

Leave a comment:

• blackwave
    replied
    Originally posted by c0nv3r9
    hell, that could be a whole lot more comfortable than crampin in those chairs in the first place.... not to mention your full rig nearby, snacks,... hmm....
    Hahaha... don't know where else you can be at the con in the buff as it were... not to mention other activities ;) It is nice to take a break now and then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X