X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheBigMan
    replied
    Re: Epic Win! Thank You DEFCON Shoot

Haha, the 9mm was definitely a good starting gun, the browning was a sweet finishing gun. =)

Leave a comment:

• Modafinil
    replied

Thanks Deviant for arranging everything, and I think it ran smoothly. The $20 to shoot was well worth it, although I'll definitely be reserving a lane next year for some shade and to make it easier for others to handle my toys.

Leave a comment:

• FirmWarez
    replied

You're most certainly welcome BigMan! Glad I brought a "complete n00b not big and scary at all starter gun" for you to try out.

If anyone got pix of ShortGrrl shooting our Uzi, please let me know!

Leave a comment:

• TheBigMan
    replied

I would also like to express my appreciation for all the hard work by Deviant and the RSOs.
    I fired my first gun this year, a big thank you to Firmwarez for teaching a complete firearm n00b how to shoot, and to everyone who was generous enough to trust me with your guns.
    You guys rule and this unfree is already looking forward to next year.

Leave a comment:

• darkgrue
    started a topic Epic Win! Thank You DEFCON Shoot

Epic Win! Thank You DEFCON Shoot

Just wanted to take some time now that I'm home from DEFCON to say thanks to the folks that made my frist experience with the DEFCON shoot a really enjoyable and safe experience.

Deviant Ollam - great job organzing this! The tables, chairs, and most of all, tents for the registered lanes were great and well worth the cost of entry. It was pretty comfortable under those tents.

Thanks to KingRat for the shirt designs and flirzan for corrdinating the orders (and graciously accomodating my shamefully late order). The shirts really came out great, and I got a lot of comments on mine.

Can't emphasize this enough: thank you to the RSOs! I swear there was almost one RSO for each tent, and they were watching things like orange-vested hawks. They did a great job watching the range, watching the shooters, and making sure everything was safe. A safe place to shoot is paramount, and the RSOs made the shoot awesome by making it safe. They put in a lot of work, and I appreciated it.

Also want to say thanks to my fellow shooters. Especially the folks in the lane next door that brought their fun toys to share. Being a Californian, shooting a full-auto MAC-10 was a huge treat. And the cannon was a crowd-pleaser.

I had a great time, as did the folks in my group. Thanks to everyone who participated, and I hope to be able to do so again next year.
Working...
X