Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest pranks/hacks/FAILS during the Con?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goathead
    replied
    Re: Biggest pranks/hacks/FAILS during the Con?

Originally posted by kallahar View Post
    Ha ha, I saw that chick and asked the P&T security guard (not the goons, actual security) how long she had been there and if there seemed to be a problem. We agreed that since she was reading a book, she clearly wasn't a prostitute. The guard said the funniest thing was the reactions by all the attendees when they first caught sight of her.

Kallahar
    "zomg a girl" /fumble /stumble /gawk /reboot

Leave a comment:

• kallahar
    replied

Ha ha, I saw that chick and asked the P&T security guard (not the goons, actual security) how long she had been there and if there seemed to be a problem. We agreed that since she was reading a book, she clearly wasn't a prostitute. The guard said the funniest thing was the reactions by all the attendees when they first caught sight of her.

Kallahar

Leave a comment:

• darwinDMG
    replied

Re: LulzSec guy in the vendors area –- yeah, I saw some posts about that. He (Sabu) tried to make it sound like he was there at one of the booths; he did have some insider info at least because he did describe the layout in the room pretty accurately.

Did anyone else see that girl in the bikini on Saturday? She was just lounging on one of the benches near the entrance to Penn & Teller, reading a book. No DC badge. I saw the goons talk to her briefly and allow her to lay down there. My first thought (besides, you know, BIKINI) was that it was some kind of prank, but to what end? Otherwise, seems like an odd thing for a random hotel guest to do, unless she was just really into being an exhibitionist.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

The guy that posts the lulzsec twitter was definitely at Con this year (Full Disclosure on definitely, I didn't read what I am about to say personally but was told by multiple reliable sources that they posted it)...
    He apparently posted to come buy a calendar from him in the Vendor Area, an apparent prank on Emmanuel Goldstein who was in there selling calendars. Decent prank on Emmanuel.

Leave a comment:

• YenTheFirst
    replied

Originally posted by g3k_ View Post
    I had heard all day Saturday from people that there was a Lulzsec/Anonymous party going on somewhere in Vegas and that there were laser cut acrylic with instructions being handed out. My buddies told me about that they knew someone that got one. Frankly, I smelled bullshit way ahead of time. I had forgotten all about it and was sitting at barcon drinking and some guy walked over and started whining to us about how he tried to go to the address that was on the card and it wasn't even a real address. Well duh. Finally saw the card, it was a well made, either someone actually from either group made it, or someone clever not even involved made it as a giant troll. O u guise...
    I got one of those. It did look pretty well made, I'll post a pic online sometime.

In the 'Defcon Comedy Jam' panel, one of the speakers got one, and read the number out loud. One audience member claimed he had an idea who was behind the cards, and may have known whose phone number was posted.

it was possibly an attempt to 'prank' someone by distributing their phone number.

Leave a comment:

• g3k_
    replied

I had heard all day Saturday from people that there was a Lulzsec/Anonymous party going on somewhere in Vegas and that there were laser cut acrylic with instructions being handed out. My buddies told me about that they knew someone that got one. Frankly, I smelled bullshit way ahead of time. I had forgotten all about it and was sitting at barcon drinking and some guy walked over and started whining to us about how he tried to go to the address that was on the card and it wasn't even a real address. Well duh. Finally saw the card, it was a well made, either someone actually from either group made it, or someone clever not even involved made it as a giant troll. O u guise...

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

Originally posted by kallahar View Post
    What were those EFF cards?
    Great question. Those were bullshit right?

Leave a comment:

• kallahar
    replied

What were those EFF cards?

Leave a comment:

• darwinDMG
    started a topic Biggest pranks/hacks/FAILS during the Con?

Biggest pranks/hacks/FAILS during the Con?

Would love to hear stories about anything cool/crazy/scary or just plain stupid that happened. I was only at the Con for a couple days and I was so overwhelmed that you probably could have picked my pockets clean and I wouldn't have noticed. We've already heard about some annoying prank calls made to various rooms, but come on now -- surely some more creative chaos happened somewhere?
Working...
X