• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renderman
    replied
    Re: DC 19 costume write-ups

Originally posted by astcell View Post
    I say wear it on the plane on the way back. They can't exactly have you remove your eyes now can they?
    I was sorely tempted to have my goggles in my carry on, but electronics jammed into putty was more than I wanted to explain. The cane however provided some distraction to the guy at the xray who never looked at my bags after the cane went through an called out "your cane? That's awesome!".

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

I say wear it on the plane on the way back. They can't exactly have you remove your eyes now can they?

Leave a comment:

• sintax_error
    replied

The coat, the goggles/mask, and the cane came together in an epic way, especially when the ambient lighting was just right and the cane produced a brilliant blue aura, while at the same time the coat hit just the right angle to give off a really super villain effect.

Alas, this year was the very last for the blinking codpiece of doom. I was really pleased with the results of v2, and the fact that this time around, it was able to nearly light an entire room with a seizure-esque glow. I've gotten some great feedback on the EL wire backpack as well, which will undergo some upgrades eventually. Though the codpiece is officially retired, rest assured something new will take it's place.

Leave a comment:

• renderman
    replied

Originally posted by Rhenium View Post
    It seems like a perfect Defcon/Burning Man cross over. :)

Black Rock CIty is sort of on the way back to Canada from Vegas...
    Alot of people thought I was also doing buring man, but wandering around the desert in that thing is the last thing I wanted to do. Wandering around the hotel was hot enough. Went outside by the pool for a while and almost died.

I just hope people step up thier game for clothing. I remember my first couple Defcon's where there was a couple who would dress up in these elaborate costumes for the B&W ball. The last year they were dressed like the french royal court, giant wigs and all. I hope to bring back some of that.

Costume contest maybe?

Leave a comment:

• Rhenium
    replied

It seems like a perfect Defcon/Burning Man cross over. :)

Black Rock CIty is sort of on the way back to Canada from Vegas...

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

i think that all of the work which has gone into this outfit is exceptional, and i particularly love the results with the coat.

i have yet to really play with EL wire, but i'm now eager to obtain some and really see what i can do with it. i don't have the coolness factor that you do to pull off an outfit of this caliber, but i might use it for other things.

no case mods, i promise.

Leave a comment:

• renderman
    started a topic DC 19 costume write-ups

DC 19 costume write-ups

So I had alot of people asking for a write up about my outfit from Friday and Saturday nights at con.

I wrote up everything along with photo's and my crappy code where applicable for anyone who wants to see what I did (dont laugh at my code, I'm learning). I hope to see other people attempt to enhance thier clothing next year. I hate being the only one blinding the security cameras.

Cane: http://www.renderlab.net/projects/cane/
    Coat: http://www.renderlab.net/projects/ELcoat/
    Goggles and Mask: http://www.renderlab.net/projects/goggles-v2/

I also had some questions about the kilt and it's MOLLE/PALS enhancements, so I wrote that up too

Tactical Kilt: http://www.renderlab.net/projects/tacticalkilt/

I know I saw a few other interesting outfit enhancements, it would be nice to read some write ups about them. Hint.
Working...
X