X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Re: DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

This thread has been closed and copied to the [forum=615]Defcon 20 planning[/forum] forum.

You can find this thread has moved to this location (link)

Leave a comment:

• Thorn
    replied

Of course, you'll have to have all the signs in English and en francais, or face a heavy fine.

<ducking>

Leave a comment:

• renderman
    replied

Originally posted by ButterSnatcher View Post
    That sounds like a good idea maybe ill meet some people closer to where i live to meet up with and talk computer stuff. Your really the only Canadian person i saw at defcon. Though i did meet a lot of great people from other parts in north America and europe. I know there is a hackerspace in toronto but thats about it.
    And therein lies the problem I'm solving. There are several spaces across the country and I met about two dozen people who were from Canada. It's a big country, we are fairly well represented, but we dont know each other. I want to solve that.

Leave a comment:

• ButterSnatcher
    replied

That sounds like a good idea maybe ill meet some people closer to where i live to meet up with and talk computer stuff. Your really the only Canadian person i saw at defcon. Though i did meet a lot of great people from other parts in north America and europe. I know there is a hackerspace in toronto but thats about it.

Leave a comment:

• renderman
    started a topic DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

So I'm just tossing this idea out there. At DC19 I ran into a fairly large number of fellow Canadians that I had not met before either that they were new to Defcon, we'd not crossed paths before, or just geographic distance.

This got me thinking we need to get to know one another a bit better which means some kind of Defcon gathering. Hotel rooms are not conducive to this, but there are a bunch of the meeting rooms in the con space that are up for grabs for just such events.

Idea: Have a meet and greet type gathering one night for the Canadians attending Defcon. Obviously not going to exclude anyone else, but at the very least a place for the Canadian hackerspaces to connect and anyone else in the hacker community up above the 49th parallel.

(Note: I am already working on how to get Tim Hortons to ship a metric ton of coffee for us, so dont bother suggesting it)

Still just a very basic idea, I have not looked into logistics yet, but wanted thoughts from my fellow Canadians (and anyone else for that matter) if this was worth persuing for next year?
Working...
X