Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is DEFCON beoming simply one more INFOSEC con?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: is DEFCON beoming simply one more INFOSEC con?

Just one word. BOOBS.
    Wait...one more: COCKS

There. Now wait before you get in a tizzy - I said both of those to prove a point. Plus one I have the other I enjoy. You be the judge how it flows ;D

Is it becoming one more INFOSEC con? Not while I still attend. Although all I talk about is infosec personally - I listen to many others talk about EVERYTHING under the sun. Not just 'talks' in rooms - but in conversations. DEFCON is much more than just talks in rooms, areas for lockpicking and games, events or contests. It is a place to come and see your family - your friends. It is what you make of it. For me, its a family reunion. On that note - lets address the second point:

If you actually care that I posted BOOBS and/or COCKS, you may be one of the folks below:

Is it becoming just 'another' con? That is something some folks appear to be working on. To strip DEFCON of it's unique properties out of the name of 'progress' (socially). Some, who weren't around in the beginning, have begun a march towards ensuring that we 'progress' to achieve the properties that 'all' cons are gaining. They think we shouldn't 'offend'. They care about peoples complaints of offense. They generate offense. I say - if it offends you, stay home. It is in this 'social interest' to normalize our unique social scene that we dilute DEFCON. When is the last time you saw someone, or a group, interrupt and heckle a talk? This isn't Princeton and your professor isn't lecturing...

I don't think the 'becoming another INFOSEC' con is where we are headed. I fear that it is 'just another con' that we are working towards. Help change it. Return it to its roots. Buck a little. Have some generally safe fun. Poke a little offense in the eye of the offended. Raise a bullshit flag. Emit something that will draw ire from an entire section of society. Be yourself, more importantly, and have fun.

Oh...and pass me a beer when you see me. A closed one.

Comment

Re: is DEFCON beoming simply one more INFOSEC con?

Originally posted by blakdayz View Post
      I don't think the 'becoming another INFOSEC' con is where we are headed. I fear that it is 'just another con' that we are working towards. Help change it. Return it to its roots. Buck a little. Have some generally safe fun. Poke a little offense in the eye of the offended. Raise a bullshit flag. Emit something that will draw ire from an entire section of society. Be yourself, more importantly, and have fun.

I got chills.
      |

Comment

Working...
      X