DCG panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCG panel

I contacted con but he has yet to reply so ill ask here.

Is there going to be another DCG panel this year? I had a bunch of fun at last years and our group has grown since then so we have lots to contribute.

Re: DCG panel

Originally posted by AnarchyAngel View Post
    I contacted con but he has yet to reply so ill ask here.

Is there going to be another DCG panel this year? I had a bunch of fun at last years and our group has grown since then so we have lots to contribute.
    I would sit in on it again.

Comment

I have received no CFP or any notice of anything in the works yet. If it's going to happen then someone needs to submit something on it soon, we have VERY little room left in the panel room and as we are making the selections for round 2 we are running out of slots. I could probably figure something out for Thursday worst case, but if a DCG panel is to happen bust a move on it. If you guys don't, have you considered a "social" instead? Like a meet up or a cocktail hour somewhere. I think that one on one time with other groups and being able to answer questions from groups looking to become a DCG might be valuable time spent, just an idea. Let me know if I can assist in any way. Blak, you know how to contact me, all others google.

-Nikita
      "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by blakdayz View Post
        I would sit in on it again.
        I would also join... if needed.
        --- If you're a snowflake, you're gonna have a bad time.
        Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
          I have received no CFP or any notice of anything in the works yet. If it's going to happen then someone needs to submit something on it soon, we have VERY little room left in the panel room and as we are making the selections for round 2 we are running out of slots. I could probably figure something out for Thursday worst case, but if a DCG panel is to happen bust a move on it. If you guys don't, have you considered a "social" instead? Like a meet up or a cocktail hour somewhere. I think that one on one time with other groups and being able to answer questions from groups looking to become a DCG might be valuable time spent, just an idea. Let me know if I can assist in any way. Blak, you know how to contact me, all others google.

-Nikita

Well con was the awesome guy that set it up last time, dose anyone know how to get a hold of him. I had the understanding he was somehow involved with the defcon administration but that may be a misunderstanding on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by AnarchyAngel View Post
            Well con was the awesome guy that set it up last time, dose anyone know how to get a hold of him. I had the understanding he was somehow involved with the defcon administration but that may be a misunderstanding on my part.
            Converge has been really busy lately with his professional life, and has seen other things with higher priority rise, to compete with his organizational work as the Defcon Central Group Coordinator. It is possible and likely that he won't have time to organize a DCG Panel this year, and I would guess he would be happier to see someone step forward to work with Nikita to setup another DCG panel for this year, if possible than for the whole idea of a DCG panel to be skipped this year because he has become too busy.

(I am not speaking for converge, just estimating what he would likely prefer based on what I know about him. He is a good guy, and not plagued by ego, so would likely not be offended by someone else organizing this as long as he is too busy to do so; he seem happier to see things to succeed and move forward without him than to feel the guilt of being a "blocker" for it.)

Is there anyone that is often in contact with many DCG Regional leader, which they recognize and would be willing to work with to quickly jump on working with Nikita to see if setting up a DCG Panel this year is possible? You better act quickly, like within 24 or 48 hours. It may even be too late now.

If someone is interested, and starts to organize a DCG Panel for DC20 with Nikita, please let us know, and one of us will contact converge to let him know about this.
            Last edited by TheCotMan; June 5, 2012, 09:29.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
              Converge has been really busy lately with his professional life, and has seen other things with higher priority rise, to compete with his organizational work as the Defcon Central Group Coordinator. It is possible and likely that he won't have time to organize a DCG Panel this year, and I would guess he would be happier to see someone step forward to work with Nikita to setup another DCG panel for this year, if possible than for the whole idea of a DCG panel to be skipped this year because he has become too busy.

(I am not speaking for converge, just estimating what he would likely prefer based on what I know about him. He is a good guy, and not plagued by ego, so would likely not be offended by someone else organizing this as long as he is too busy to do so; he seem happier to see things to succeed and move forward without him than to feel the guilt of being a "blocker" for it.)

Is there anyone that is often in contact with many DCG Regional leader, which they recognize and would be willing to work with to quickly jump on working with Nikita to see if setting up a DCG Panel this year is possible? You better act quickly, like within 24 or 48 hours. It may even be too late now.

If someone is interested, and starts to organize a DCG Panel for DC20 with Nikita, please let us know, and one of us will contact converge to let him know about this.

I will take the charge. What needs to be done?

Comment

I will take the charge. What needs to be done?
                Contact Nikita by email, with a subject about organizing a DCG Group Panel with what you would like to do.
                Next, while waiting for a reply, prepare a submission that follows the CFP protocol/requirements that speakers use, and submit it, too, even though the CFP deadline has expired.

If you are lucky, there is still space available in the room for panel discussions at DC20, for Nikita to get you space.

Speed is most important in the email to Nikita.

Details are most important in the email you submit using the normal CFP process.

Contact people who are DCG leaders/organizers willing and able to speak on a panel, who can comment on how they ran their DCG successfully and build topics of conversation. Let them know planning is tentative, and you don't know if it will even happen.

Historically, even for panels, I am not sure each panel member got a speaker badge... It may have been limited to just 1 or 2 speaker badges. I don't control that. You should probably let DCG people know that you are not sure if everyone will get speaker badges. Let them know they will probably need to be in a speaker prep room up to 1 hour before they go on stage. Collect their contact information such as names, associated DCG, and email address, and if you have it all before you submit the CFP details, include their contact information and names in that email. Assuming it is not too late to get into the program, you'll want to include details about the speakers (who, which DCG, a success they had) and describe the kinds of things you would talk about on the panel.

After submitting both email, consider writing 50 questions that people might want to ask DCG and questions that encourage DCG people to describe the value in being in a DCG. The questions are useful to start dialog, when nobody from the audience is asking questions, and the topics of conversation in your questions can spawn new questions from the audience.

Sorry, I don't know enough to give more details, as none of those are my department.

If any goon from the associated department contradicts any of this advice above, take their word over mine. :-)

HTH,
                -Cot
                Last edited by TheCotMan; June 5, 2012, 10:25.

Comment

Contact Nikita by email, with a subject about organizing a DCG Group Panel with what you would like to do.
                  Next, while waiting for a reply, prepare a submission that follows the CFP protocol/requirements that speakers use, and submit it, too, even though the CFP deadline has expired.
                  I contacted converge, and he said you could send these ides to him, and it sounded like you and he were already talking about this.

Once you have a signal that someone has approved it (DT, Nikita, etc.) please let me know and I can make a forum for this.

Comment

I contacted converge, and he said you could send these ides to him, and it sounded like you and he were already talking about this.

Once you have a signal that someone has approved it (DT, Nikita, etc.) please let me know and I can make a forum for this.
                    Alright, we are working on it.

Comment

Alright, we are working on it.
                      Thanks man! :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X