Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super cheap rooms at Imperial Palace/Luxor/Excalibur

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Super cheap rooms at Imperial Palace/Luxor/Excalibur

    I didn't see a cheap room listing thread, so I'll start one here:

    I was looking at travelocity just now at rooms around/during/etc Defcon/BH:

    Imperial Palace completely WON for cheapest rooms on the Travelocity website.
    July 25th $25 / July 26th $23 / July 27 $72 / 28th $95 / 29th $28
    Next came in Excalibur and then Luxor.

    If you wanna go really cheap Palace Stations are running a 50% off deal for the next 3 days, but I don't know the details.


    Imperial Palace isn't all that, but I haven't had anything go terribly wrong there, either. Keep some money in your pocket.
    ======================================
    DJ Jackalope
    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

    send in the drop bears!
    ======================================

  • #2
    Re: Super cheap rooms at Imperial Palace/Luxor/Excalibur

    I have no problem with members posting information like this on the forums.

    However, if your first post is something about cheap rooms in Las Vegas, and it looks like generic, commercial spam, you might be judged a spammer.

    Additionally, use links that take people directly to the hotel site.

    Last yeas on twitter, some monkey-butt was spamming the #defcon hashtag with links for "cheap rooms" at the stratosphere -- really far from the Rio and no free shuttles. The link they provided gave them a "cut" or "finders fee" when people used it, and they could have found better rates on the stratosphere's website, assuming that wanted to be so far away from con.

    Jackalope's post is fine. :-)

    Just be careful with such information if you are new, so that we don't judge your post as spamming.

    Thanks!

    Back to topic... any other good hotel deals near the Rio? Maybe with Free shuttle service?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Super cheap rooms at Imperial Palace/Luxor/Excalibur

      I am definitely interested in any deals that are out there as well. I am going to be flying in from Colorado and was thinking of possibly staying at the Gold Coast Hotel and Casino as it is within walking distance from the Rio. But if there is a better deal I am all for that as well.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Super cheap rooms at Imperial Palace/Luxor/Excalibur

        thanks for the info
        Back to topic... any other good hotel deals near the Rio? Maybe with Free shuttle service?
        this part is relevant to my interests.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Super cheap rooms at Imperial Palace/Luxor/Excalibur

          Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
          I didn't see a cheap room listing thread, so I'll start one here:

          I was looking at travelocity just now at rooms around/during/etc Defcon/BH:

          Imperial Palace completely WON for cheapest rooms on the Travelocity website.
          July 25th $25 / July 26th $23 / July 27 $72 / 28th $95 / 29th $28
          Next came in Excalibur and then Luxor.

          If you wanna go really cheap Palace Stations are running a 50% off deal for the next 3 days, but I don't know the details.


          Imperial Palace isn't all that, but I haven't had anything go terribly wrong there, either. Keep some money in your pocket.
          Hi DJ Jackalope,
          so you gona stay there too?

          I have booked Imperial a couple of weeks before, because i want to safe some mone fore other stuff.
          Its an old one, but who cares. If the rooms are cleans. so what. i only need a bed to take a nap for a few hours.
          To be honest, i pay now ~350$ from 22.7. - 30.7. thats really cheap.
          And its very close to Black Hat, where i also attend and to the RIO, there is a shuttle.

          This was the final point why i choosed it.
          May the force be with you
          --------------------------------
          Obi-Wan

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Super cheap rooms at Imperial Palace/Luxor/Excalibur

            Originally posted by Obi-Wan View Post
            Hi DJ Jackalope,
            so you gona stay there too?

            I have booked Imperial a couple of weeks before, because i want to safe some mone fore other stuff.
            Its an old one, but who cares. If the rooms are cleans. so what. i only need a bed to take a nap for a few hours.
            To be honest, i pay now ~350$ from 22.7. - 30.7. thats really cheap.
            And its very close to Black Hat, where i also attend and to the RIO, there is a shuttle.

            This was the final point why i choosed it.
            Keep in mind that taxi's are not cheap in Vegas, and the "Free Shuttles" can take ages to eventually get you where you need to go. (At least that has been my personal experiance).
            Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Super cheap rooms at Imperial Palace/Luxor/Excalibur

              Originally posted by Gadsden View Post
              Keep in mind that taxi's are not cheap in Vegas, and the "Free Shuttles" can take ages to eventually get you where you need to go. (At least that has been my personal experiance).
              The only shuttles I've found useful are the ones between different properties owned by the same company. Those will usually get you there pretty quick. If you're taking the public transportation trolley/shuttle/etc, expect a long trip to tons of places you never wanted to see. :)
              Aut disce aut discede

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Super cheap rooms at Imperial Palace/Luxor/Excalibur

                I agree about Imperial Palace. It seems to be at a "good location", good price. After 2 weeks of checking around, I decided to book it, $416 for 6 nights. You can take the bus 202 towards Flamingo Westbound. It should take you to the con in less than 10 mins. Buses are supposed to run 24 hours. I think this will be important, especially cause I want to get the badge "early". You can check the route at google maps and download a bus schedule from the Bus transportation system
                http://www.rtcsnv.com/transit/route/...5-20-12%29.pdf
                Last edited by I.T. Warrior; July 15, 2012, 20:55. Reason: correcting info
                Welcome to the Eternal Return

                Comment

                Working...
                X