• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeess
    replied
    Re: Non-Americans at the shoot- a very specific question

Originally posted by Gigs View Post
    If I can get the patent filed in time I might have some test marketing packages with me.
    The US is still first to invent until next year (as opposed to first to file). I'm not sure what is considered legitimate proof of the first inventor however

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_t...irst_to_invent

Leave a comment:

• Gigs
    replied

I hope whomever brought the rebar last year does it again this year. That was an excellent call for helping hold targets.

I'm actually working on a target holder design myself that I'm going to make into a retail product, it was inspired by the difficulties we've had at past defcon shoots. If I can get the patent filed in time I might have some test marketing packages with me.

Leave a comment:

• fnaah
    replied

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    heh, magazine. you got a magazine to feed. clips feed ammo into old M1 rifles or keep ties from blowing in the wind.
    Ah, yes, thank you. :) Apologies, too much bad TV and not enough time around real weapons. Stupid restrictive firearms laws!

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by fnaah View Post
    I was lucky enough to get through a clip without issue
    heh, magazine. you got a magazine to feed. clips feed ammo into old M1 rifles or keep ties from blowing in the wind.

Leave a comment:

• fnaah
    replied

PS: We're bringing a few more Aussies with us this year. Watch out for it. XD

Leave a comment:

• fnaah
    replied

Originally posted by FirmWarez View Post
    We hit a bump in the road last week with ShortGrrl. Still hope to be there for DC20 and the shoot; it's been a bumpy year for us up and down, cross your fingers that it all works out.

If we are there, as always, our stuff is open to visitors. Some of my "stuff" requires that I (or ShortGrrl, for the "stuff" that is hers) be there "in control" of the item to make the ATF boys happy. Weapons regulated by the National Firearms Act of 1934 fall in to a special class, but we can still share them if the owner is "in control" of said item.

Information wants to be free, and the most important information is "they're just gun nuts; they're just homos; they're just hackers" -- they are no different from you and me, just people who want to live as they choose and experience what they want. That's how we live, and we're glad to share it, at the unofficial DC shoot, or at our place if any of you funny talkin' folks end up in Arkansas.

I'm happy to see that a little reaching out matters to you guys. Make friends, shoot what you can.

Rock on, hope to be there.
    I'll be crossing all my little aussie fingers and toes for you guys, as you and ShortGrrl were very friendly and most welcoming last year, and I enjoyed your company (and your firearms!) immensely. You ever get the gremlins worked out of your AR? I was lucky enough to get through a clip without issue, but poor old Bigman tried three times without any luck. (He did get to fire the Browning though, so that worked out OK. :P) Hope to see you in a few short weeks!

Leave a comment:

• xor
    replied

Originally posted by renderman View Post
    On another note, can we get a 'fire in the hole' if/when someone fires off that .50cal that was there last year. The cannon was suprise enough, that thing was terrifying even on the other side of the hill.
    You weren't on the other side of the back stop ;-)

xor

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by teflone View Post
    How hard is it to find shade ?

is that something to think about?
    well, it's something other folk have thought about... specifically, other folk meaning me. ;-)

the main reason for the registration fee at the DC Shoot is because that's what i use to pay for the rentals of the shade canopies, tables, and chairs. so it's not hard at all to find shade, if you're on the line or in the hangout area back a ways.

if you are neither of those places, it can be rather difficult to find shade. we are, after all, in a desert.

Leave a comment:

• FirmWarez
    replied

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
    I'll blame him too if I get shot at but everyone should be forewarned, I was trained to fire back when fired upon.
    DaKahuna

Post 556? Serendipity remains my favorite goddess.

Leave a comment:

• DaKahuna
    replied

Originally posted by noid View Post
    True..but if I get shot at again, I'm blaming you.
    I'll blame him too if I get shot at but everyone should be forewarned, I was trained to fire back when fired upon.

Leave a comment:

• noid
    replied

True..but if I get shot at again, I'm blaming you. I'd blame the Oreo but I can't stay mad at it.

Originally posted by astcell View Post
    Bring Oreo cookies. They make very small targets, are biodegradable, and may attract live targets.

Leave a comment:

• DaKahuna
    replied

hmmm - bread crumbs and or bird seed -- maybe attract some live targets (birds, chipmunks, etc..)

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

I was six feet from the cannon as it fired. I think it sucked my toes out through my throat.

Leave a comment:

• renderman
    replied

On another note, can we get a 'fire in the hole' if/when someone fires off that .50cal that was there last year. The cannon was suprise enough, that thing was terrifying even on the other side of the hill.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

Shade? Are you kidding? Have you seen the SIZE of some of us?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X