Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Call for HHV Presentations

Originally posted by Gigs View Post
    I'm going to the shoot Wednesday evening, camping in the desert, and will be at the Thursday morning shoot as well. So I may not be able to catch up with you in person until noon or so on Thursday. Let me know if that's OK or if we need to talk earlier.
    When you get to the Con shoot me a message or come by the HHV.

Comment

Reverse Engineering the Airvana HubBub Femtocell
      (not to be confused with the Samsung Femtocell with it's proprietary protocols)
      15 minute time slot

I would like to explain how to gain access to a second processor and all of the debug shells of the Femtocell. I need you fellow hardware hackers to help design a convergence server and configuration server for the SIP/IMS Femtocell. This way we can all make our own customized short range 3G cell sites.

Cell Wizard aka Calvin from San Luis Obispo, California
      calvin_balke@my.cuesta.edu

Comment

Originally posted by Gigs View Post
        I'm going to the shoot Wednesday evening, camping in the desert, and will be at the Thursday morning shoot as well. So I may not be able to catch up with you in person until noon or so on Thursday. Let me know if that's OK or if we need to talk earlier.
        Not a problem stop by the HHV and we will set it up.

Comment

If you want to make a presentation at the HHV stop by on Friday or reply to me here. I will putting together a schedule on site as DEFCON unfolds.

Comment

Hello again A,
            I would love to do a presentation at the HHV. I just noticed the thread, so I dont have anything specific but I can flush it out later tonight. I'll be in Vegas in less than 12 hours, so plenty of time to get something together. Off the top of my head I could talk about:

1) The design of last years "Bot Badge" and lessons learned. I.E. the importance of errata sheets and port interrupts.

2) How to take a prototype from breadboard to circuit board. What changes as far as circuit operation (inductance, capacitance, skew rate etc..)

3) Challenges with taking a previously design parallel operation and turning it into a serial operation. (Think real-time dynamic force control, and 2 axis movement control). This one would be quite interesting.

4) Basic use of test equipment (oscilloscopes - probe capacitance, earth ground isolation; multimeters - measuring small signals, 4 wire measurements; lab power supplies - ground isolation, negative voltages)

I have many other ideas and will try to flush out a fully formed one tonight.
            P.S. Just to make it easier to put a face to a handle -> I met you last year. I'm the designer of last years "Bot Badge" etc..

Comment

I'd like to give a talk on ditching USB Serial Converters for beginner projects in favor of using libusb and WinUSB. I can cover how to get Windows Vista/7/8 to autobind the WinUSB drive at plug in making very minimal changes to open source USB stacks. Particularly I use STM32 microcontrollers and the open ST USB Stack as a reference.

Comment

Working...
              X