X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DJ/Performer App Open

Originally posted by Tribalsoul View Post
    Another quick update...
    • Headliners have been chosen. Contracts however haven't been finalized so they won't be announced... yet.
    • By no later than the end of Sunday, 6/2, emails will be sent out to selected artists (I'm Eastern, Scott is Central, so that's the time zones that apply here)

I'm not going to lie... there aren't as many performance spaces this year. It's a balancing act between managing staff, spacing, what has/hasn't worked, and what would be fun to try. There have been some great submissions and I think you'll be pleased... or at least surprised... by what we have in store.
    Super Stoked!!
    | |

Comment

Another quick update...
      • Headliners have been chosen. Contracts however haven't been finalized so they won't be announced... yet.
      • By no later than the end of Sunday, 6/2, emails will be sent out to selected artists (I'm Eastern, Scott is Central, so that's the time zones that apply here)

I'm not going to lie... there aren't as many performance spaces this year. It's a balancing act between managing staff, spacing, what has/hasn't worked, and what would be fun to try. There have been some great submissions and I think you'll be pleased... or at least surprised... by what we have in store.
      +/- 24 hours.

Comment

+/- 24 hours.
        Hey all, sorry for the delay. Scott and I had difficulty connecting due to me being offline with a family emergency involving an urgent care and getting an aircast.

Will update you as I know more and I apologize for the delay.

Comment

Hey all, sorry for the delay. Scott and I had difficulty connecting due to me being offline with a family emergency involving an urgent care and getting an aircast.

Will update you as I know more and I apologize for the delay.
          You guys are the masters of suspense! I am eagerly awaiting the "surprises". My mind is racing with the possibilities... The first thing that popped in my head was the (forced) teaming up DJ's for 2x4's...! That would be dope!
          | |

Comment

I'm a live, I swear. Sorry about the delay - on my end also had to deal with some grant-proposal deadlines (for the grad-student side of my life) that my group decided to apply for at the last minute.

ANYWAYS. Everything is pretty much sorted. Emails should go out tomorrow - I'll try to email everyone who applied w/ yeas/nays.

As Tribalsoul mentioned, this has been the toughest year so far for picking slots yet. We're not hosting the pool this year, we're not doing a Saturday event (IOActive has that covered), and chill-out is going to be run by Soma.fm. There are about 14 spots for 50-some applicants, so if you don't get in - seriously - do not feel bad about it. I feel bad about it. ;)
            | | |

Comment

OK All -

First round of invites have been sent off.

There are still a few spots that are being battled out on our spreadsheet, so I will probably be sending off another round of invites in the next 48 hours or so.

If you did not receive a notice yet: You will. Everyone who is in our app database will be getting a notice emailed to them one way or another. The rest of the notifications will go out with the next few invites. Further, you will be asked if we can share your application with some other departments + teams who are throwing events. For example, the CODAME team, Contests area, and a few others are looking for talent (but it will be up to them to decide how they want to / are able to compensate).

Again - super tough year for apps. There were perhaps only 4-5 apps out of the 52 that I had no issues rejecting - the rest of you made our lives quite difficult.

Please do your bests to suck more next year to make our job easier.
              | | |

Comment

Re: Defcon DJ set up / room / timing /names!

What is the DJ format this yet--
                like Black/White Balls or what are you calling it?

What are the hours that DJ stuff is going to be running and where, btw?

just me being curious!@

miss lope
                ======================================
                DJ Jackalope
                dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
                ======================================

Comment

Working...
                X