• Show
Clear All

• Nikita
    replied
    Re: music night

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
    I agree. Let's have a kiki.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGCD4xb-Tr8
    I now love that song. Also, did you know one of my nicknames is KiKi? A good friend, old roomie, used to call me KiKi. So I lul'd and fell in love, the dancing is cute.

Leave a comment:

• HighWiz
    replied

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
    was always so popular to hang in is they had a lot of 80's & 90's you could dance to. Plus, hair bands etc. good fun times.
    I agree. Let's have a kiki.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGCD4xb-Tr8

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

80s and 90s are the best music ever! Well, right up until they released the Macarena. That was about it over.

Leave a comment:

• Nikita
    replied

Originally posted by Tribalsoul View Post

For 22, I'd like to see us start polls early about both genres and artists people want to see. The challenge is finding a minimally susceptible to manipulation method for taking input.
    Cool thanks!! You know tho i was thinking, just from my perspective, one of the reasons Queercon was always so popular to hang in is they had a lot of 80's & 90's you could dance to. Plus, hair bands etc. good fun times. :-p music with actual words is inviting sometimes. I realize I'm a minority here and you guys do a great job appealing to many people so my thanks.

Leave a comment:

• parsec
    replied

Originally posted by Tribalsoul View Post
    Call for applicants is closed, but there's always next year. Application will typically will go live by early Feb.
    That's cool, I need to put some practice time behind the decks before I jump back out there.

Leave a comment:

• Dolfan
    replied

Music to my ears! More Goon Band type sets would be incredibly appreciated.

Do you think we could get some punk, metal, rock, or something worth dancing to if you're not into untz untz untz and dancing like a chimpanzee with spastic diarrhea?. oh wait..no. No slayer for us.

Cries.

Leave a comment:

• Tribalsoul
    replied

Originally posted by parsec View Post
    bring me out as a DJ and you can get some Detroit Techno, Electro, Ghettotech, and the like played.

Haven't played out in years though.
    Call for applicants is closed, but there's always next year. Application will typically will go live by early Feb.

Leave a comment:

• Tribalsoul
    replied

Do you think we could get some punk, metal, rock, or something worth dancing to if you're not into untz untz untz and dancing like a chimpanzee with spastic diarrhea?. oh wait..no. No slayer for us.

Cries.
    You bring up a fair point, Nikita. I'd like to see metal/rock represented as well if there's a demand for it (which I think there is). I'm doing my best to scratch this itch on Thursday night this year with more Industrial/Harder EBM for at least a few acts, but there still the mostly-requisite driving beat in a fair amount of that genre, too. Another challenge with live instrumentation is the potential for longer transitions between sets if bands can't/won't share gear.

For 22, I'd like to see us start polls early about both genres and artists people want to see. The challenge is finding a minimally susceptible to manipulation method for taking input.

Leave a comment:

• Nikita
    replied

Originally posted by AnarchyAngel View Post
    Think we could get some trap, glitch, dub, or hard house this year? :)

Cries.

Leave a comment:

• parsec
    replied

bring me out as a DJ and you can get some Detroit Techno, Electro, Ghettotech, and the like played.

Haven't played out in years though.

Leave a comment:

• Tribalsoul
    replied

Originally posted by AnarchyAngel View Post
    You never know, do you?

Leave a comment:

• AnarchyAngel
    started a topic music night

music night

Working...
X