Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Kids Kit build in HHV - Build a Larsen Scanner for Free!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tynius
    replied
    Re: Free Kids Kit build in HHV - Build a Larsen Scanner for Free!!

Originally posted by TieShort View Post
    Bombnav is the Bomb!
    Agreed. My daughter is SO proud of her first ever soldering job. Thanks for the kit and for the help in putting it together in such a way that she felt like she did it all herself. You guys were awesome. I have nothing but good things to say about the whole experience.

You helped make her Defcon, which is the highest compliment I can think of to give any fellow attendee.

Tynius

Leave a comment:

• TieShort
    replied
    Re: Free Kids Kit build in HHV - Build a Larsen Scanner for Free!!

Originally posted by bombnav View Post
    This is a self funded project
    Bombnav is the Bomb!

Leave a comment:

• Free Kids Kit build in HHV - Build a Larsen Scanner for Free!!

Every year my wife and I have been doing soldering events and I always try to focus on kids as they need to be exposed to electronics and soldering to know its not hard and something they could consider for a future job or just a hobby. This year I plan on holding a Friday and Saturday kids kit build and soldering class in the HHV. I will be giving away a Evil Mad Scientist Larsen Scanner (http://shop.evilmadscientist.com/pro...st/152-scanner) Special thanks to the fine folks at Evil Mad Scientist that cut me a deal so I can buy enough kits to give away ever year.

So if your going to attend with your child and want think this is something that might interest them send me a PM and I will put you on the list. I have not set the times yet as I will take a look at the master Defcon schedule to see where it fits best.

I will provide the kit for free and you get to keep it. My plan is to give away about 30 of these so there is limited supply but on average that's about how many parent/child groups I have helped every year so there should be enough for everyone interested.

This is a self funded project (I buy the kits and supply the soldering stations) so I reserve all rights to decide who gets a free kit etc.
Working...
X