X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW: Ride Sharing to DEFCON Shoot

Originally posted by Th3Pr0ph3t View Post
    norsurvivor I have a few seats that have not been taken yet. I plan on meeting at the Rio for anyone who needs a ride.
    Great! Wednesday or Thursday? I stay at Stratosphere

Comment

Originally posted by norsurvivor View Post
      I really want to go to the shooutout.
      small point of clarification. there is no "shootout" happening around DEFCON.

Shootouts are nonsensical moments in Hollywood of far longer duration than ever in real life where they are harrowing affairs lasting mere seconds in which some participants are badly wounded or possibly killed

there IS however, the DEFCON Shoot (the only proper term) and we're more than happy to have anyone attending who can contribute to the safe, relaxed, and friendly atmosphere there... as long as you don't call it the DEFCON Shootout. ;-)
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
        ... as long as you don't call it the DEFCON Shootout. ;-)
        What about:

"Yo! Devaint Ollam on the forum! Woop-Woop!"

A DEF CON Shout-Out -- much less life-threatening, in most cases. :-D

To make this post actually useful to readers, there is also an event happening next to the DEF CON Shoot called "[forum=782]Hacker War Games[/forum]" , which is also unofficial, and out in the desert.

HTH,
        -Cot

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
          To make this post actually useful to readers, there is also an event happening next to the DEF CON Shoot called "[forum=782]Hacker War Games[/forum]" , which is also unofficial, and out in the desert.

HTH,
          -Cot
          Thanks Cot for the plug-in.

If anyone is looking for more of a combat shooting (DefCon Shootout) thing to go to "Hacker War Games" is it. Each person will have to run around in the bushes and find each somewhat hidden target and try to shoot it as fast as they can with a 2nd part where they will do a 1 shot "Sniper Shot" at a far distance away that will more or less represent a head shot using only 1 7.62NATO bullet.

If you don't have a gun or can't bring one I will have a VERY nice gun to rent for $8.00US (Which is the cost of ONLY the ammo you will shoot for the course) or for those of you that are cheap/poor I'll also have a VERY nice gun in 22LR they can shoot for FREE. The Sniper Shot using a Mossberg MVP Flex Bolt Action in 7.62NATO (This gun has been somewhat customized for the contest) is included for FREE for EVERYONE. Anyone that is really good may win a VERY VERY VERY nice prize.

TheSiscoCoon

Comment

norsurvivor I have a few seats that have not been taken yet. I plan on meeting at the Rio for anyone who needs a ride.
            Howdy

Any chance I could grab a ride out to the shoot on Thursday ?

./jb

Comment

I'm still hunting for a ride on Wednesday (I'm scheduled to RSO the full time) if anyone has a spare seat. I'm happy to meet at the con hotel or wherever else works.

Comment

I should have room for one more. PM me your email.

Comment

Originally posted by blocked View Post
                  I'm still hunting for a ride on Wednesday (I'm scheduled to RSO the full time) if anyone has a spare seat. I'm happy to meet at the con hotel or wherever else works.
                  Hey. I ended up with a larger car than expected. I'm staffing the shoot all day on Wed. as well, and I have at least two seats available (depending on how much gear folks need to bring). If you or any other staff need a ride, let me know.

1. Daemontamer
                  2. @ daemontamer on Twitter
                  3. Wednesday
                  4. Not camping, but will probably be there late.
                  5. Rio, but I am willing to stop at Mandalay or Tuscany or Ballys or whatever.
                  6. White (once upon a time) cowboy hat, grey SUV. If you were at the shoot last year I was the guy who was the red cross model during Deviant's orientation spiel, and who made the late night store run, if that helps.

Comment

I'm volunteering for the full day on Thurs. Does anyone have room for another person?

Comment

I can drive Thursday volunteers. I am there ALL DAY.

Nch&Ted (sent you a msg but DM me or twitter me @jk47theweapon )

Originally posted by Nch&ted View Post
                      I'm volunteering for the full day on Thurs. Does anyone have room for another person?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarett View Post
                        I can drive Thursday volunteers. I am there ALL DAY.
                        Room for one more RSO perhaps, please? @rewtd on Twitter or here on the forum.
                        GnuPG-Fingerprint:
                        F164 738F 16BF FDBF F0B6 5720 C986 8AF7 5F41 97BE

V5 vi veri Vniversum vivus vici

Comment

does anyone have any room for one more (very) late straggler who wants to go to the thursday shoot? i'm staying at the rio and can pitch for gas money, food... whatever. halp!

Comment

is there any chance you still have a spot, Th3Pr0ph3t?

Comment

Working...
                            X